Spectacular portraits with Luminar AI Update 4

Pinned

Comments

18 comments

Dear Alina, I would try this Luminar 1.4 version. I tried the 1.3 but I still prefer the old Luminar 4. Could you provide a direct link? Thanks.

Comment actions Permalink
    Margaret Bright

Dear Member,

If you need the download tinks for Luminar 4, here they are: 

Mac: https://l.skylum.com/luminar4_mac

Win: https://l.skylum.com/luminar4_win 

Margaret Bright thanks, I have luminar 4, I'm referring to Luminar Ai 1.4 download link....a full offline installer. Thanks.

Scott Ruckh

Update 4 and same as Update 2, and Update 3.  First edit on a clean database, and Luminar AI Update 4 crashes (Nvidia 960 GPU).  Crashes only started after the "Updates" started getting released.  I have posted on every pinned update post, and have communicated with support including sending in logs.  Here we are at update 4, and product is still unusable.  Cannot get through a single edit?!?!?  Also, Installed on 2 different computers and none of the 3D transforms while in composition module update the photo.  This is seriously frustrating as there are certainly good things here, but when you can't use them, it is just a waste of time.

Robert Grenader

Thank you for fixing the Adobe plug in error that frustrated me ever since Luminar was first introduced.

Kevin Famuyiro

Having the exact same issues as Scott above. I've used RevoUninstaller to wipe LuminarAI from my system for a clean install, and I still have issues with it crashing. Even downloading an .MSI file doesn't do much cause while it installs, it crashed seconds within opening.

C Tse

Will this update fully utilize hardware acceleration on the GPU? The software seems to be very taxing on the CPU but not the GPU, which would make the software run 10x faster. For reference, I have a 12 core Ryzen 5900x with RTX 2070. It shouldn't take 15-30 seconds to load images if GPU was properly utilized.

Skylum needs to hire or contract out a software engineer that specializes in hardware acceleration because this software won't work efficiently without it coded to leverage the GPU processing power.

George Monaghan

I have an excellent system and Titan RTX graphics card but it is taking quite a while to render out images when using Portrait Bokeh. I am not sure it is utilizing the graphics card as much as it could do. Even though I have an AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT processor it is slow.  Any ideas that might speed up the process? 

Edit:

Just seen this in Luminars system settings

User HID : 0d4dff8366c530b15839d6ff650aac56
    Operating system : Windows 10 Pro
    Operating system version : 19043
    Device model : ASUS System Product Name
    Processors : AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12-Core Processor
    RAM : 32.0Gb
    Videos : NVIDIA TITAN RTX (4.0Gb)

I have 128GB of RAM  and a 20GB graphics card. Certainly not as reported here.

Kevin Famuyiro where have you found the MSI installer for the 1.4 version?

Ray Blackburn

I have a few observations with Version 1.4.  It's working pretty well form me.

• RAW lens corrections don't seem to work very well for me and my Sony APSC lenses.  The corrections distort the image in the opposite direction, and chop off too much of the image.  I think this has become worse in 1.4 than it was previously.  (Note that I shoot exclusively JPEG from now on so this will no longer be an issue for me).
    • I did have one image that when I applied Structure AI, it fouled up my plain blue sky (my sky, not a replacement image).  That only happened once.  Undoing the structure enhancement fixed the image.
    • I installed the Windows 11 beta yesterday and Luminar AI is running just fine with it.
    • No other usability issues for me thus far.  Exported 96 photos this morning.  That's still slow (as is loading my RAW thumbnails), but I'll take it.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Ray Blackburn,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to forward it to our techs for future improvements.

Hi,

I've just updated Luminar AI and the bug occurred - When I apply my Template and then try to reset adjustment nothing changes. It looks like the slider became frozen   

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

I'm sorry this is happening! Let's investigate this issue together. Please, contact us via https://skylum.com/support so we could look deeper into this case.

I contacted Skylum Support yesterday and received the automated email from them and for that moment this all 

Helena Carter

Hi Olga Amchislavsky,

I'm sorry you have to wait. Indeed, while usually, we reply within 24 hours, right now, we receive a bit more emails after the update, thus, it might take us a bit longer to get back to you. But we will ensure to reply to each and every request as soon as we can.

Wilbert Maximus

Dear Skylumn,
    Where can I find the download Luminar AI update 3 ->  last version w/o portrait feature?
    When I change my sliders in ths last version they are not updating any more in realtime which makes it more than irritating and really slows down my edit process. Fine adjust is really not fun this way. I hate the program nowadays. Sometimes it does work, but I have no idea why it sometimes works and most of the time not. 

I already swapped back to Luminar 4 where it works fluent, but luminar 4 is missing some AI effects like sky reflection and fog effects.
    Please can you provide me the download link to the previous version Luminar AI update 3 ?
    I found already version update 2, but was searching for update 3!.

Wilbert Maximus

Forget it, in meantime I found the download link for Luminar AI update 3 somewhere between the other treads.
    Had to set-up all again, inititated the database and copied my settings back in.
    All works fine again. Sliders are again showing realtime updates when I move the slider.

I now made a backup op the installation files and settings.

Please sign in to leave a comment.