Spectacular portraits with Luminar AI Update 4

Pinned

Comments

7 comments

Ronald Speier

Hi, I have just installed the actual version of Luminar AI on my MacBook Pro M1. 

Unfortunately I can't use ist as it crashes during startup. I had also installed the plugins to Lightroom and Photoshop, These seem to work but not the standalone software. 

I tried to deinstall, remove the plugins and application support files, rebooted the system and installed again with the same result.

Any clue?

kind regards, Ronald

Comment actions Permalink
    Burkhard Bahr

Hi, In principle, Luminar AI 1.4 is a good update. But there is again - as always with Skylum - a big downer: Editing Canon CR3 photo files from the EOS R5 still does not work as it does with files from the EOS R. Unfortunately, the new version 1.4 makes this point worse, because CR3 files can no longer be edited at all, as I had to discover with my bokeh attempt.

Regards, Burkhard

Helga Rowles

Hi Ronald,
    Please reach our support team at skylum.com/support regarding this. We will do our best to get Luminar up and running asap.

Hi Burkhard Bahr,
    We had to temporarily remove Canon EOS R5 from the list of the supported cameras while we're fixing a critical rendering issue. We're really sorry the fix takes longer than expected. We're working
    around the clock to re-add it to the list.

For now, we recommend using Adobe DNG Converter tp convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Nick Barley

Installed update4. Lost ability to use Ai as Apple Photos extension.  Contacted support who responded with templated answer….which didn’t solve the problem.  Is this a bug or am I an idiot, missing something?

Sharon Dentice

I can't get the upgrade to download and support keeps send me a FAQ page - that does not solve the problem. 

I can't get AI 3 or 4 to work now after I tried to download the update. I deleted the old version and downloaded the update several times and I get the same message " network connection dropped". I want to use AI but I can't this has been going on for over 1 week.

Ronald Speier

Hi, i am wait now since 10 days for a useable response from the Luminar Support. Since I tried to upgrade I am stuck with a dead peace of software and don't get any help. That's quite disappointing.

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Please note that we usually respond within 24 hours. Could you reach once again? 

https://skylum.com/support

Make sure that our replies are not in a spam folder.

Please sign in to leave a comment.