Luminar AI Update 1.4

Answered

Comments

17 comments

Agatha Winter

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about that. We're improving Luminar performance with each update. In fact, it's one of our key priorities right now. 

Nevertheless, it might depend on several factors such as your hardware configuration, Library size, and image format (it can take a bit more time to load RAW/TIFF/DNG files and generate the previews).

Could you please let us know the following:

• How many images are there in your Library?
    • Are they located on the internal or external drive?
    • Your hardware configuration:

Click on the Apple logo in the upper left corner of your screen, click About This Mac, and make a screenshot of the window that opens. Check out this article (click this text to open the link) about making screenshots on Mac if you need help with that.

Please attach the screenshots to your inquiry via https://skylum.com/support

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Black Eyes

Hi Agatha,

Still the same:

- Approx. 3000 pictures

- Internal drive

- iMac late 2015,  i7 4GHz, 32 Gb RAM

Dominic Bopp

Link for 1.4? Could try with my M1 if I got the same problems. 

Bruno F.W. Ristl, Bakk.phil.

Can not open it over Ligthroom. Asks for latest Windows update. But there is the latest windowes update installed already ... Can not work at all with it.

Agatha Winter

Hi Bruno.

Please try the following:

1. Make sure Photoshop/Lightroom is not runningIf the app was running, reboot your PC before proceeding. 
    2. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    3. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop/Lightroom.
    5. Reboot your PC.
    6. Right-click the Luminarᴬᴵ icon > Run As Administrator.
    7. Click Luminarᴬᴵ > File > Install Plugins.
    8. Click Install next to Photoshop/Lightroom.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse, and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Let us know how it goes.

Agatha Winter

Hi Black Eyes,

Thank you for providing us with the information!

Please try to reset your PRAM. This way, your computer will work faster. Here is how you can do that:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204063 

Please note that you might be asked to reset some of your computer adjustments such as date and time, mouse settings etc.

Let me know the outcome.

Black Eyes

Hi,

Has anybody tried to reset PRAM? Did it improve the performance of Luminar AI.

I did reset the PRAM some months ago, it didn't improve anything, moreover I lost time to adjust computer parameters. I do not want once again loosing time for nothing.

Thanks for your feedback

Bruno F.W. Ristl, Bakk.phil.

Luminar AI still does not work on my Computer. I'm in contact with the support but until now they could not help me. 
    By they way, any other people with the same prob?

I would like to go back to the former version to edit my photos with Luninar AI again.
    Now I have to use Luminar 4.

Elena Blum

Hi Bruno F.W. Ristl, Bakk.phil.,

I have just sent you an email and hope it helps with your issue.

Jared Wesley

I agree 1.4 seems even slower than before, it's so slow. I wanted to use it for a wedding shoot to blow out the backgrounds a bit more on the group shots however it was so slow I gave up on the software. 

Mac OS 11.5.1 16" 2019 MBP
    2.4 GHz i9
    64GB DDR4 2667 MHz
    Radeon Pro 5500M 8GB
    2TB Internal Apple NVME

Elena O'Brien

Hi Jared Wesley,

Your hardware seems to be fully compatible with Luminar AI.

Please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support
    or support@skylum.com and we'll get that sorted out for you ASAP.

Jared Wesley

@Elena, I’m sure my system is listed as fully compatible however the performance is crazy slow when working with my R5 photos.

Helena Carter

Hi Jared Wesley,

Please, kindly note that we have temporarily removed Canon R5 from the supported cameras list while we're fixing some issues with this camera. 

For now, we recommend you install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    https://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

I completely understand how frustrating it is, and we're sorry for the temporary inconvenience and we really appreciate your understanding and patience.

Jared Wesley

@Helena, when will this be resolved as I will not be changing my workflow to convert to DNG, and at this point, I have invested significant money in your software, add-ons, and a membership.

Very, very disappointing to hear your software can’t support a year-old flagship camera. If your software is not meant to support professional cameras, please let me know so I can get a full refund as you focus on consumer-grade cameras.

Jared Wesley

To be clear I only use your software as an add-on to Lightroom not as a replacement.

Black Eyes

Hi Agatha,

As you've suggested, I have contacted your support.

The only thing they proposed is a PRAM reset which did not really help. Instead 30 seconds of waiting before the picture becomes editable, now I must only wait 20-25 seconds. It is still too long.

They propose me to give a set of sky for free ....

Again, they say again that it's their priority to improve performance and optimize resources.

It seems that I have seen this "promise" now for already 7 months!!!

Instead to develop new functions ... iI can only urge you to really improve the performance, resources and reliability. The time for empty promise is over.

Regards

Jared Wesley

Black Eyes I completely agree, things have only gotten worse during 2021 on the performance side. Maybe the app works fine on the new M1 chips but even on an Intel i9 it's crazy slow. We will see what Apple releases in October if I'm willing to spend another ~ $5K this soon after getting this 2019 16" MBP. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.