Why do my photos turn dark when editing natively in Luminar AI

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

What host application are you using when you run Luminar AI as a plugin?

When you attempt to run Luminar AI as a standalone, are you loading raw files? If so, what is your camera model so we can verify that they are supported?

Comment actions Permalink
    Michael Herskovitz

Hi Angela,

I'm using Lightroom Classic when I run as a plugin--that works fine with no problem.

As a standalone,  I've run into the problem with both raw Fuji and Leica files.  I'm importing from a Fuji X100V and a Leica M10 Monochrome.

Thanks for the help !

Angela Andrieux

Hi Michael,

So, the Fuji X100V is supported, but it looks like the Leica M10 Monochrom is not. (You can access the list of supported cameras here: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/support-file-types)

For your Leica raw files, the suggested workaround is to convert them to DNG prior to bringing them into Luminar AI. You can find instructions here: https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/working-with-an-unsupported-raw-format

As for the Fuji files, we need to take a closer look to troubleshoot the problem. Please send one of the images that you're having trouble with to us at support@skylum.com. If the file is too large to email you can use WeTransfer.com and then include the shared download link in your email to support.

I have run into the same problem when running natively in the app and I'm ONLY using the included Tutorial Images so that should eliminate file extension issues and camera compatibility. As soon as the image is selected and the template or guided edit is loaded the image goes completely dark and can only be viewed with the Before/After slider (only the BEFORE side will load the AFTER remains DARK), preview, and for a split second when adjusting the zoom.  I put in an inquiry w/support and included my MacBook Pro System File DL and screenshots.  Found this and was curious how/if it was resolved.

Tania Taylor

Hi!

I'm sorry you've encountered such an issue. As far as I can see, our support team member is already investigating your case, so you'll get a reply soon.

Jeff Geology

Hi - I have this issue with both Neo and AI when using it as an extension in Mac Photos under 12.5.1.  When I first open the image using EDIT then ... (More) choosing AI or Neo the image opens colorful then immediately turns very dark almost black.  Please help.

Tania Taylor

Hi Jeff Geology

Please contact us at skylum.com/support, so that we could investigate your issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.