linking Luminar albums to MacOS Photos

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Martin,

If you have added a folder to the library, this folder should be updated with the new images automatically.

Comment actions Permalink

At the moment I’m trying to add an existing photos folder to the Luminar catalogue

David Dunk

If I understand your question correctly, I believe the answer would be...no.
    No app outside of Luminar can see the edits you've made without first exporting the image from Luminar first.

A solution I can think of would be to import those "special images" into Apple Photos and then create an album there and call it...Special Images, Luminar Photos, whatever.
    From within that album process the photos using the Extensions feature into Luminar. Then all your pics will sync back into Photos with all your edits visible and that will sync to iCloud Photos for all to see.

I hope this helps somewhat. Cheers.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Martin,

Perhaps, it would be more convenient for you to use Luminarᴬᴵ as an extension in Apple Photos:

1. Make sure Photos is closed.
    2. Click the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select System Preferences.
    3. In the window that opens click Extensions.
    4. Select Photos Editing from the list on the left.
    5. Make sure that the checkbox in front of Luminarᴬᴵ is ticked in the list on the right.
    6. Launch Photos and double-click on a photo you wish to edit.
    7. Click Edit in the upper right corner.
    8. Click on the Extensions button (looks like three dots in a circle) in the upper right.
    9. Select Luminarᴬᴵ.
    10. When Luminarᴬᴵ loads perform the necessary edits in it and then click Save Changes in the upper right.

You can check the detailed instruction with screenshots here:

https://manual.skylum.com/ai/en/topic/using-luminar-ai-as-a-photos-for-macos-extension

Thanks everybody I think too think the “extensions to photos” is probably the only way to go I was just looking for a way to move the library management function to the luminar catalogue instead of phoyos

Please sign in to leave a comment.