Third Party Plug-ins L-3 on a PC

Comments

11 comments

Larry Moore

If you look closely in the video tutorials you will see that they are using macs. That feature is not available on the PC.

Comment actions Permalink
    Harry Conte

Thanks Larry.  I saw that but if you have a PC and go to File/Plugins it offers you three options.  Lightroom, Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.  A little confusing.

Larry Moore

If you have LR or PS you can install the Luminar plugin the same as you did with PSE 15. Those are the only plugins that you can use within Luminar 3 for PC. I would really like to use the NIK collection and Topaz Lab products from Luminar 3 just as Mac users can

Harry Conte

Yes, I attempted to load PE15 into L-3.  It shows as installed but doesn't appear anywhere in L-3.

I also would like to have the ability to install Topaz Labs into L-3.

It's amazing that Skylum relegates these discussions to this forum rather than allowing them on Facebook where they will get more attention and hopefully, solved.

Larry Moore

I guess I misunderstood your original post. the Plug-in is actually installed in PSE15. This allows for Luminar to be called from PSE, not the reverse. The same with PS and LR. Those are hosts for Luminar, but Luminar cannot be used as a host on a PC.

The page that you referred to earlier allows you to install the plugin for Luminar into those applications, that is PSE, PS and LR. It can also be installed as a plugin in Affinity Photo but needs to be done manually.

Again it is my understanding that Luminar on a mac can be a host to call other applications, but alas not on a PC.

There is a Facebook Group called Luminar and Skylum Issues. You should be able to reach it at https://www.facebook.com/groups/367375094020621/

Maryna Skylum

Hi!

Larry is right. If you want to send an image from Luminar 3 to Photoshop Elements, please, note that this option is available in Luminar 3 for Mac only.

If you want to use Luminar 3 as a plugin to Photoshop Element, go to File - Install Plugins. 

Harry Conte

Yep, i've had it installed in PE 15 but thought the opposite was available otherwise why have a Plug-in option in L-3?  Even having the ability of going into PE-15 from L-3 didn't make sense to me but I figured what the heck.  More interested in having the ability to load in Topaz and NIK products into L-3 or soon L-4.

Larry Moore

“More interested in having the ability to load in Topaz and NIK products into L-3 or soon L-4.” I definitely agree with you on that.

Kirk Osborn

You can use NIK plugins in Luminar on MacOS. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will help you install the plugins.

Larry Moore

Kirk,

"You can use NIK plugins in Luminar on MacOS." This thread is/was discussing Luminar for Windows. Since I am A Windows 10 user instructions for installing NIK plugins will not be useful me unless Skylum would like to provide me with a MacOS device. :)

Harry Conte

What Larry said!

Please sign in to leave a comment.