LUMINAR 3 SUDDENLY CRASHING WINDOWS 10

Comments

6 comments

EJ van der Werf

The same crash happened to me. No restart even after reinstalling. Hoping for a solution from Skylum. The first solutionsteps from Skylum did not work (they reacted very soon with a suggestion). So I asked today again.

Comment actions Permalink
    Anna V

Hi,

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way: 

• Go to “Apps and Features” by right click on the Start button;
    • Find Luminar there and click [Uninstall](you can also uninstall from the Control Panel);
    • Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open);
    • Find and delete the contents folder “Luminar 3” except for StateSettings file;
    • Go to Pictures -> Luminar Catalog and rename it (if you have the Catalog in another folder, please navigate to it and rename it); 
    • Install the app once again and launch it: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/win/Luminar3_Setup_offline.exe 

If the issue remains, please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll be happy to help.

EJ van der Werf

Yes! That solved the problem.

Starting the app it asked for the Catalog-map. Diricting to the old and renamed map the program crashed again.
    Letting it make a new 'Luminar Catalog' map the app started. Now it is buiding a new library.

Thanks Anna V and Maryna (who gave me the first recovery option mail)

Maryna Skylum

Hi,

Great to hear everything is fine now!

Feel free to contact us at support@skylum.com if any questions arise.

Have a marvelous day!

Vinh Luc

Help!!! Luminar is making duplicates in my photo every time it processes an image. Also crashing down when I try to edit making this experience horrible. Just purchased a new DELL laptop for this luminar app 2 days ago and this is so disappointing. Please help

Helena Carter

Hi Vinh,

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com so we could look deeper.

Please sign in to leave a comment.