Batch process boost/effect slider settings

Comments

4 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Mihai,

If you’ve uploaded several photos to the Photolemur gallery and you want to change the Boost setting for some of them, you need to open those photos one by one to adjust the Boost slider.

Once you’ve changed the intensity of the adjustments for an image, you can close that image window and go back to the Photolemur gallery. Photolemur will remember the Boost setting for each individual image.

If you find your favorite settings and want to apply them to all images, just right-click anywhere in the Photolemur window and simply select Apply settings to all images. This option is only available during batch processing on the image selection screen.

I hope that helps!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mihai Cioroba

That's great stuff Angela,

thanks so much for your swift support, it is much appreciated.

Cheers.

Mihai Cioroba

Update: so this worked.. to some degree.

Opening one of the imported images and toggling face / eyes enhancement ON / OFF is retained, which is great. But NOT the adjust slider amount. So since I definitely wanted way less AI adjustment, I set it to some lower value, right click and apply settings to all images. This is where the problem comes in. I am suspecting Photolemur is trying to *immediately* apply the adjustments to all the loaded images. This is a problem in cases like mine where I load 100+ Sony ARW 42mp raw files. The software can't handle adjusting so many large images at once and it crashes after cranking up my processor for a few minutes and stalling the interface. I have a fairly powerful Alienware laptop with 64bit win 10, so I don't think this is about processing power. The most ARW files I could get it to work with was 6-7. It would be awesome if there was an option to tell Photolemur to NOT start adjusting the loaded images, but instead to apply the adjustments sequentially, as each image is loaded, processed and then exported to disk. For example as one drags hundreds of photos into the interface, they all pop up quickly and things are great, nothing happens, Photolemur is not processing anything yet, as it shouldn't. But as soon as I right click and say apply these settings to all images, Photolemur is actually starting to process them, and it shouldn't, or at least we should have an option.

As it stands right now the batch functionality in Photolemur is becoming less useful for me since I can't afford the time to feed it 7 raw files at a time then rinse and repeat, it defeats even the main purpose of such a drag and drop type of software that's meant to save time.

OR if the level of adjustment would be retained as well, just like the toggle for face / eyes enhancement, then things might work well.

I hope you guys will welcome this idea of NOT processing the loaded images at once, but instead ONLY when they are being exported, one by one, it almost doesn't matter how long that takes since one would kick it off and forget about it.

Cheers,

Mihai

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mihai! Please note that the images are not automatically adjusted unless you Apply the effects to all images. Thus, could you specify the workflow? You an also reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.