Export more than 15000 pixels

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for your feedback. As for now, we don't plan to change this, but I will make sure to forward your feedback to the person in charge.

Comment actions Permalink
    Chris Forsyth

Hi Helena, how can I can I get a refund for the luminar 4 pre order? Seriously this is unacceptable.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Chris,

You can request a refund at www.skylum.com/support.

Earl Teigrob

I love Luminar but even doing panos with my micro four thirds is hitting the 15000 pixel limit. I want to try the 61 MPX A7R4 but knowing I cant use Liminar any more would really mess up my workflow. Please up the limit to 30000 pixels or remove the limit altogether. Earl. 

Matthias Keindorff

Helena,

Please set up some efforts to improve this. Assuming you make a milkyway panorama. In this case you will have more than 2 rows of pictures exceeding the 15k pixels in order to see the milkyway in a good resolution. Same may apply to other panos fast. So this is something essential. Also Aurora has the same restriction. I just tried it out. You don't find such short limits in other programs.

Thanks for promoting. 

Marc S

Hi Helena,

it is 7 month ago since your last reply to the post of Chris. Export is still limited to 15000 pixel. 

Can you explain the reason? Why will you not change the limit? Why does this limit exist?

You don't find such limits in other programs!

Austin Miller

Hi Marc. At the moment, our development team has two major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements and resource use optimization. We have passed the suggestion to our tech department and will take the suggested feature into consideration!

Chris Forsyth

Hi Austin,

I love Luminar , and I really want to use it as my primary photo editor, but this issue is forcing me to use other photo editing software more and more. 

I know this might sound crazy but please follow me down the rabbit hole. I purchased Luminar 4 because I want to be successful. I'm sure your team wants to focus on new features that will give Luminar a competitive advantage in the market, and exporting large photos might be feature that is more used by a small group of “professional” customers. I’m sure the development of professional features feels like a high risk, low reward after receiving a strong negative feedback on Luminar’s dam solution. (a feature I’m perfectly happy with) So here is a low risk strategy that will  give your time to focus on what you features that give you a competitive advantage and still supporting the professional market.  Prioritize having Luminar be a plugin for every Adobe competitor on the market: On 1 photo raw, capture one,, Topaz Lapz, etc. These are are a partnership made in heaven for you. You can get newer photographers with Luminar’s amazing features and ease of us. Luminar “looks” can’t be beat. I love them and it’s my preferred color editing methods because it far superior to everything else on the market.  Partnered with these companies,  you’ll allow your customer base to always use your features that give you a competitive advantage, while supporting the “professional” or niche  market without the risk. After perfecting the features that give you a competative advantage you can focus on features for "professional" customers with lower risk. 

Thank you

Margaret Bright

Hi Chris,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. I will pass your feedback to our team.

Please sign in to leave a comment.