Ability To Publish to Flickr

Comments

11 comments

Christian Poulton

I’d welcome this feature as well. I use Flickr heavily and this would speed up my workflow greatly

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi Deborah,

Unfortunately, new Apple policies restrict exporting media to websites. We have disabled this option in one of the previous updates.Now you can only manually upload pictures to your flickr account through the website.

Bob Shrader

Deborah, I have a Mac, and I upload images to Flickr and other website from other third party apps. I have seen nothing from them to indicate this capability will go away.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bob,

May I ask what version of MacOS you're running?

Bob Shrader

Mojave 10.14.6

Deborah Hinter

Hi Bob,  I use High Sierra, and I also use Lightroom to publish to Flickr.  It allows me to create albums, and I can sync them with Flickr.  I use a star rating as well as a colour label.  Easy peasy.

Edward Pereira

All. I must admit I am a little confused.  It seems that the Beta versions used by the Skylum Ambassadors have sharing on Flickr enabled.  I saw it on one L3 demo, and yesterday I saw the feature on an L4 demo.  I saw both demos on you tube videos. Why is it that the ability to share to Flickr is available to see users of the software, but not others?  Thanks,

Deborah Hinter

I use High Sierra and Luminar 4.  There is an option to share to Flickr, but it will NOT accept my log in credentials. Grrrr.

Deborah Hinter

This is the reply from FLICKR.

Thank you for reaching out with us at Flickr, we'll be happy to assist you today with your question.

Generally for photo editing programs, Lightroom is our go to when it comes to the best program we suggest. We really can't recommend any other alternatives in this case just simply because everyone on our team strictly does use Lightroom for our editing. As far as any alternatives though that can upload to Flickr, there could be some out there, but the best suggestion we can make to finding an alternative is just searching the web for anything like "Lightroom alternative."

Generally you can find some websites that give you comparisons between multiple programs, though whether they will have the ability to directly share to Flickr is not something we can say. We definitely let software developers create extensions that allow them to do that if they wish, but it's going to be up to them directly to be able to implement something like that directly into their program.

If you have any other questions or concerns, let us know and we'll be happy to assist further.
    Deborah Hinter

Can Skylum please revisit this thread?  Jim Nix has a great tutorial video showing how to SHARE using Luminar 4 Share Menu.  It STILL shows Flickr as an option.  I keep getting the Skylum response that it's APPLE that does not allow this.  Why is it then still in the share menu?  I'm on an Mac OS High Sierra and I SHARE to Flickr with Lightroom.  I own Luminar 4 with the Flickr Share showing in the menu,  what's up?  This makes no sense and all the Skylum answers make no sense, and Flickr response didn't shed the light on this concern.

Edward Pereira

I have the same problem and same frustration: I do not have ability to share automatically to Flickr from Luminar (3 or 4).  I just uploaded 60 pictures from my Mac to Flickr using the Flickr uploader.   I use Mojave OS

Please sign in to leave a comment.