Compare identical images

Comments

7 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Mihai,

Currently, there's no such functionality in Luminar 3, but I'll forward your feedback to our developers for consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mihai Cioroba

Thanks.
    I am now using the free FastStone to organize my images until Luminar steps up. FastStone has an excellent image compare function.

FastStone image viewer is one of the very fastest image viewers when working with very large Raw files and you can compare up to 4 images on the screen and with 4 images for example it puts each into a quadrant which is far better than doing vertical slices of an image. Super user interface with all the controls on a menu bar and no need to find a function. Free or you can make a $15 donation to buy it and compensate the developer.

Lynne Pariseau

Is Faststone for Mac or PC?

Michael Mansfield

Hi Lynne,

I've just had a look on the FastStone site. It seems to be Windows only.

Sameer Saksena

What we need is a stacking function (as in Aperture) wherein similar photos can be grouped together (manually) when importing - helps reduce clutter-  and compared side-by-side at a later time. I've requested this feature earlier too, as have many others. Luminar 4 has come but I don't think it has this feature as well.

Kirk Osborn

I can definitely see how you would want to have Photo Stacking feature, but right now, we don’t have anything like that in place. That being said, we’ve heard that request quite a bit so maybe we will do so in the future.

Please sign in to leave a comment.