Luminar 3 crashes very time i want crop

Comments

8 comments

Chris Forsyth

Please for the love of god include a feature in Luminar 4 to auto send crash logs to your dev team. While this isn't a selling point for a new feature like AI sky replacement, it's the foundation of every decent software as it enables the vendors to continuously get bug logs on what issues customers are experiencing. And as software grows it becomes more important on being able to handle bugs. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Jakob,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a detailed step-by-step description of what you do in the software before encountering the issue. You can also make a screen recording. You can use Monosnap to record your screen: https://monosnap.com/welcome

If the issue occurs when you're working on an image, send us the image file. Here's how:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it may ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your email.

In case the issue leads to a crash, send us event logs:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your email.

In order for us to directly track this issue, please send us your HID1 and HID2 codes:

1. Download this application: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3pf15jdigd0mgt4/ViewHID.exe.zip?dl=0 
    2. Launch it.
    3. Copy the HID1 and HID2 codes from the application's window and send them to us.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

John Roecker

I have the same problem - of course I can not provide any files because Luminar 3 will not open after the crash!

I guess I have to work with Luminar 2018 which works and has a crop function that works as well!

John Roecker

I have to reinstall Luminar 3 and create a new catalog in order to use it again.  I am processing Sony RAW files.  My steps are to:

1.  RAW develop

2.  Use other filters as needed

3.  Then crop - which has the same screen as above.  The handles can not be moved or adjusted.

In desperation I select Done and Luminar crashes.  Will not restart without crashing.  So I then

uninstall Luminar, rename the catalog, reinstall Luminar, and then create a new catalog.  

Luminar works fins as long as I do not crop.

I’ve preordered Luminar 4 but am not sure this is a smart move.  I may have to switch to a competitor!

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Bruce Clement

I have the same issue.  Editing RAW Fuji files and as soon as I try to use the crop tool I get the same view as the original poster and then Luminar crashes.  Afterwards it will not crash as soon as I launch it and in order to be able to use it again, I have to delete my catalog completely and create a new one.  Then it works fine, until I try to crop again.  I lost edits to several 100 images on a wedding as a result of the crash.  I like everything else so far but this is a rather critical feature to not have working.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Bruce,

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com.

We'll investigate the issue!

Kirk Osborn

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll pass it on to our tech team for further consideration.

Please sign in to leave a comment.