Make your portraits shine with Luminar 4

Pinned Featured

Comments

8 comments

Marty D

The Autumnal Equinox has occurred in the Northern Hemisphere, so it is 'Fall'. When can I expect Luminar 4? Along with CR3 support.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Marty,

Luminar 4 will be released in November. We'll share the exact date when we get a bit closer.

Robert Archibald

Hello - The AI Skin Enhancer and Portrait Enhancer sounds very promising.  Will this feature also address skin wrinkles in older adults?

Thank you,

Bob A.

Maryna Skylum

Hi!

Wrinkles won't be erased completely, as we would like to show people as they are, without changing them, but emphasizing their best features.

Denis Chemerev

Hi!

How does AI Skin & Portrait Enhancer in Luminar 4 compare to Anthropic Technology's Portrait Pro Studio?

Helena Carter

Hi Denis,

AI Skin & Portrait Enhancer in Luminar 4 won't change people appearance crucially since, as my colleague Maryna has mentioned, we'd like to show people as they are, without making any crucial changes, but just emphasizing the best ones. That's what differes Luminar 4 from Anthropic Technology's Portrait Pro Studio, which, from what I see from the reviews and tutorials, is dedicated to more advanced appearance changes.

Denis Chemerev

Hi Helena,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, now I see the difference. But as Portrait Pro user I can say that it has very flexible customization in changes from almost zero to unlimited and it works really fast and easy when you need to edit dozens of portraits in short time. So that is why I'm curious about if AI in Luminar 4 will compete with Portrait Pro?

Thanks again for your answer and let's wait for L4 release.

Helena Carter

Denis,

We don't actually compete with Portrait Pro or any other software, we create our own vision of photography editing. However, you will be able to apply the settings to multiple photos at once using Looks or Sync Adjustments functionality if that's what you're looking for.

Please sign in to leave a comment.