Make your portraits shine with Luminar 4

Pinned

Comments

17 comments

Gary Sibio

I don't do a lot of portraiture but this sounds interesting anyway. I have a lot of cosplay photos I can use it on.

My question is how well does it do with someone who is heavily tattooed? Does it see the ink as a blemish?

Gary

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Gary,

I just did a quick test of the AI Skin Enhancer using an image I pulled from Unsplash of a man with tattoos. The tattoos were preserved, but as the skin was smoothed, the edge detail of the tattoos were also smoothed. Here is the before:

And after with the AI Skin Enhancer at 100% and AI Skin Defects Removal checked:

Obviously it is smoothed far more than most would use for a photo of a male, but I wanted to see how the tattoos were affected. I hope that helps!

Harry Conte

Is Luma-Flex going to be upgraded as well?  I really don't like the DAM provided in L-3 and I don't see it being better in L-4 so most likely I'll use L-Flex unless its not being upgraded.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harry,

Luminar 4 is the next major version upgrade for Luminar Flex users as well. You'll have the option of using it as a plugin without having to set up a library.

Harry Conte

So, we will receive the upgrades for both simultaneously?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harry,

Luminar 4 is a single application that can be used as a plugin or a standalone. You'll have the option to configure it to your liking upon installation.

Harry Conte

So, L-4 will be able to be configured as L-Flex?  Skylum is not providing a separate link for an upgrade?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Harry,

Yes, it will be the same application/download for all users who are upgrading. Luminar 4 will have all of the plugin functionality that is currently available in Luminar Flex, along with the new AI tools we've been sharing. 

Gary Sibio

Thanks, Angela.

Gary

michael durkin

Seeing as you appear to have adopted ON1's sales model -  i.e. get the punters to pay extra for every tweak to make it work as promised but throw in some smokescreen pointless gimmick to cover the fact, how soon before we have to pay for Luminar 5 then?

Helga Rowles

Hi Michael, the upgrade is absolutely optional.
    We'll continue to improve Luminar 3.

putu de

Whooooa! cool! unfortunately, I could not use it until it supported .cr3 file. I use Canon EOS R.

Anna V

Hi Putu, 

We will do our best to add cr3 support this fall. 

Les Cornwell

"We will do our best to add cr3 support this fall"

You've been saying you're working on it for over a year. CR3 files have been out for a year and all the other photo editing programs handle CR3 files fine except for Luminar.

As an EOS R user Luminar is no use to me either. And no, i don't want to waste time converting to DNGs.

Tom Pickering

This may seem like an odd question, but here goes.  I've seen several videos in the last week demonstrating the new features of Luminar 4.  In particular, after using the portrait tools on a model, I saw the person add a texture and mask it out from the model so that she appears to be against that texture.  Is it possible to use the sky replacement in this case, choose a custom "sky" but instead choose a texture or other background instead?  I don't have a beta version to try this on but it seems like the AI Sky Replacement should work in this way as well.  Any comments from the developers???

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tom,

You can give it a try when it is released but results will vary since that is not the intended use.

Tony Fabian

New user to Luminar. Waiting for 4. Is there a user guide for 4, so I can a jump start.

Thanks

Please sign in to leave a comment.