Please add auto align layers in Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

12 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your suggestions! I can see how both of those features would be very useful. I'll share your feedback with our developers for their consideration. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Bruce Tracy

Yes please!!! I need this for the same reason as Stephen. All these other features and the UI changes are great, but there are some of us that really need some of the more basic functions included to make Luminar more useful that ever before!

Tim Lane

+1. This is also the big reason I cannot leave Photoshop. I blend flash with ambient pics for Real Estate. Even with good tripod they usually need a little alignment.

Stephen Warriner

Don't think 3 people will convince them to include this feature for V4.  Sadly, this feature is not available in anything except PhotoShop (as far as I know) and therefore I will never be able to be rid of PS. Sad -- relegates Luminar to the back of the bus for me. 

Stephen Warriner

One other note- Skylum already has most of the code written since they have the layer alignment feature in Aurora for HDR photos.  I wish they would adapt the layer alignment code for Luminar as well.

Bruce Tracy

Seems like it shouldn't be a big deal since most of the code is already done. Don't know what would need to happen to adopt the code to Luminar, but I don't think it should be that much effort. If they really listen to their users, this will happen. Might not happen in the release of Luminar 4, but maybe a subsequent update.

Daniel Klingler

I agree.  If I could auto-align layers in Luminar I could leave Photoshop behind.  But without this feature, Luminar will not be able to play a major role in my workflow.  Please add!

John Davis

As above, I need auto align and have to use Affinity Photo for this....would much rather stay within Luminar.

Kate Williams

Hi guys, 

I appreciate your thoughts about this feature. Right now, as much as I'd love to, I cannot promise that this feature will be delivered in Luminar 4.3.0 or the next update. However, if we do have any positive news about it, we'll make sure to share them with you. 

Stephen Warriner

Hi Kate-

Thank you for your response. Don't worry about it.  I had to go back to Lightroom/Photoshop for what I need in my business.  Luminar 4 is going in the wrong direction for me, too much AI, although I do like the sky replacement and think it works well for me.  Another advantage Luminar (for this I prefer using L 2018) is the ability to paint in/out luminosity/saturation colors on a layer which Lightroom can't do.  So, for me Luminar has been reduced to a plugin and my hopes for replacing Lightroom/Photoshop with your software have been dashed.

I wish you luck and maybe you are making more money appealing to the masses rather than working with pro's and that is helpful to your company bottom line my bottom line is different. Luminar 4 is limited to sky replacement.

BTW, Luminar crashes when launched from Ps/Lr but seems to perform when launched as a standalone. Another annoying and time consuming feature of your software...

Margaret Bright

Stephen,

If you would like us to address the crashing issue, we will be happy to assist! Please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support. Our team will be happy to take a deeper look and help you resolve this issue.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Adding my voice to the request to align images.

I do not want to leave Luminar and return to Photoshop, but the lack of ability to align layers makes editing focus stacked images very challenging. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.