Memory Leak & High CPU

Comments

12 comments

Ahmad J A Alnusif

Same here. Just got back from vacation and editing my photos and I'm getting high CPU and mostly high memory usage.

Comment actions Permalink
    Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Everyone, 

We are sorry for the inconvenience. 

Please make sure to contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue in a more scrupulous way and reproduce it on our side. 

Ditmar Rose

I have constant between 5% and 8% CPU usage und no memory leak.

Memory is steady at 2.2 GByte level out of 32 GByte. Memory usage does not change over time. So i have no memory leak !

If i open picture by picture, At about 20 pictures memory usage increases to aboput 3.5 GByte 

Phil Morgan

Hi Ditmar - I have only 2200 images imported - how many do you have?

Ditmar Rose

@Phil : only about 300.

Did your CPU usage decreased over time ?

At start up of luminar it shows abput 80 % and rapidly decreases to 8% within 20 sec.

Phil Morgan

CPU Slightly but ramps up again very quickly as I open images to edit

Rob Strower

I had that as well and like some little things helped the support from the Skylum team told me, the biggest improvement came when I tried the Luminar Helper from the good man Daniel L. (member of the forum).

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048095471-Luminar-Helper-

All the best,

Robin

Phil Morgan

Hi Rob

Ok will try

Thanks

Jeffrey S.

Have you heard anything on the memory leak from the Skylum team @Ahmad or @Phil? I thought they were supposed to fix the memory leak with 3.1.3.

I'm just starting to use Luminar 3 on my new build and I'm seeing crazy high RAM usage from the program. It very quickly gets up to over 11 GB RAM usage and can wind up peaking and crashing when it gets to over 16gb. And that's just using basic filters on my RAW library, even when the app is idle and not processing any images, the ram usage never clears or drops below 10gb, just builds... so obvious leak. Oddly enough, running an export of a photo seems to help clean out some of the memory...

This is on a brand new Ryzen 3700x with 16gb PC3200 RAM, so this app really should not be able to tax my system like this. I can run photoshop, indesign and several other apps at once and not push my system like Luminar 3 is managing to. I will drop a support ticket as well, but would love to hear any updates anyone else has heard.

Phil Morgan

I have heard form Skylum - nothing gives me confidence that they will fix the memory leak issue so I've asked for a refund unfortunately.

Chris Forsyth

Sadly the memory leaks still exist in the 3.3 release, I open a 129MB vertical stitch  panorama, and it just eats my system alive. I really hope they fix stability issues in Luminar 4. Performance is getting so bad that  software isn't usable in a timely manner. It shouldn't take 15-20 minutes just for the clone and stamp tool to prepare the image.

Kate Williams

Hi, 

3.1.3 includes several memory leak fixes, for instance, the ones during the export of several photos. 

Further fixes (e.g. of the memory leak during consecutive editing) will be available in 3.2.0 - our team keeps working on them. We'll keep you posted.

Please sign in to leave a comment.