Workflow for Shooting Lots of Images

Comments

3 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Ryan,

If you have uploaded the RAW file (or any big file), and you want to switch to the Edit mode, it can take some time until the Edit mode is activated. It is normal behavior as Luminar 3 doesn't add the images to the cache, but uploads the image every time you open it in the Edit mode. It caches only the previews of the images that you can view in the Library mode.

We're constantly working on the speed improvements, and every following Luminar update should bring greater stability. 

At the moment, one of the recommendations I may give you is to try working with the images located on the internal drive - that way, the app is bound to work faster. 

If you want us to take a closer look at your particular case, please, drop us a message at https://skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Ryan Sommers

Thanks for the response Kate, but this isn't even switching into Edit mode. It's just in Library mode and on the Gallery view. The Library view must be loading the image beyond just the preview, because I can see it pop from low resolution to full resolution. 

And the comment about an internal drive feels like nothing more than boiler plate Support response. I can see that Luminar is not bottlenecking on the storage array. The read performance of the external array is faster than the read performance of the internal drive.

Angelo D'Souza

Like you, Ryan I too was having a similar issue back in Lightroom days. So I bought FastRaw Viewer to help me quickly cull my RAW images and once I have done that only then do I import into Luminar. The one thing I can say with FastRaw Viewer is it is so fast to view cull, label and rate RAW images and the bonus is it reads the actual RAW file. It is a piece of software I cannot live without in my daily workflow. Hope this helps.

Please sign in to leave a comment.