Luminar and Aurora Intergration

Comments

6 comments

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Patricia,

For now, you can use Luminar 3 as a plugin to Aurora HDR 2019 only. 

We will add the functionality to use Aurora HDR as a plugin to Luminar 3 in the future. 

You can connect Luminar 3 with Aurora HDR 2019 manually.

Please find the file:

Luminar3.8bf

By default, this file is located here:

C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3

Copy the file Luminar3.8bf  and paste it on the Desktop, for example. 

Launch Aurora HDR 2019 and click Plug-ins > Other > Open plug-in and navigate to the Luminar3.8bf file. 

After that, you will be able to launch Luminar 3 as a plugin to Aurora HDR 2019. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Hardisty

Skylum have been saying this for months that they will add support and they still haven't done it. I asked the very same question seven months ago and was told the exact same thing. 

Luminar 4 is just around the corner so you can guess what the chances are of having that support for Aurora HDR 2019 to be used a plugin to Luminar 3. - NIL

As usual, promises, promises, promises from SKYLUM which they never fulfil.

Ask them to supply a definite date when you will get a feature  that is missing and the usual answer is "in the future"

Kate Williams

Hi Mike,

The thing is that it takes two to tango - the integration depends not only on Luminar updates but on the Aurora ones too. 
    Aurora needs to be updated before it can support Luminar 3 (or any versions that became available after the official Aurora HDR 2019 release).
    At the moment, we do not have a precise ETA for the next Aurora update as all our efforts are focused on our main product - Luminar. Currently, we're working on Luminar 3 updates and refining Luminar 4 before its release. 
    Nevertheless, if we have any timeline for the new Aurora version, we'll let you guys know. 

Mike Hardisty

Kate. I'd like to refer you to this post

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360050274571-Seven-Months-On-And-Still-Can-t-Transfer-Files-to-A2019 

The MAC version of Luminar 3 is perfectly capable of supporting plugins and if I remember correctly Luminar 2018 did as well.

Yet, we Windows users still can't use plugins with our version of Luminar 3. Most of my workflow involves using HDR and as much as I'd like to use a complete Skylum workflow I still can't because of a simple limitation of Luminar 3. I still can't send a bracket set to Aurora HDR 2019.

Skylum have been promising to sort this out but you never do. I'm frustrated by these unfulfilled promises and stock answers from various members of the Skylum team. 

Kate Williams

Hi Mike,

The third-party plugin support implementation on Windows is taking longer than expected, that's true. 

It's technically more complicated to integrate Luminar on Windows with third-party plugins - our team has faced several difficulties on their way and is looking for the best way to sort them out.

At the moment, we're not sure whether this functionality will be implemented in the initial Luminar 4 release. That will depend on how fast an appropriate solution is found.

We do realize that waiting for so long is causing frustration and we're sorry for that. Our engineering team will do everything possible to launch the third-party plugin support on Windows as soon as possible, but, regrettably, I do not have a timeline for that. 

We'll keep you posted.

Mike Hardisty

Kate thank you for that. Based on what you have just said I see no reason to upgrade to Luminar 4.

Please sign in to leave a comment.