The beauty is in the details: Luminar 4 introduces AI Structure tool

Pinned

Comments

4 comments

Well, erm, yeah, that's great, isn't it?

To be honest, it isn't. With all this AI techno-babble Skylum becomes today's Alien Skin Software Company and rightful successor of Kai Krause's Power Tools (remember the golden '90s?), a bunch of fancy eye candy producing plugins for Adobe Photoshop. Fascinating at first, boring in the long run.

Just my 2c

Comment actions Permalink
    michael durkin

My goodness! This is getting beyond a joke eh readers?

Yet another negative whine! This time from ‘Member’

What 'Member' fails to grasp is that posting his quite justified observation means nothing.

It'll simply be consigned to the huge pile of other complaints from angry purchasers.  Who get the rubber stamped reply to  'give us more details dummy!, with the unspoken assurance that as soon as their totally out of their depth, 'Techno IT Gurus' have finished knocking out the latest 'smoke and mirrors' scam gimmick to get even more poor smucks in on the scam, they might just get round to ignoring him just like they do with everyone else!

STOP PRESS: rumour has it that Luminar (version 5) is shortly to be released. It’s lookin’ good for those UTube  pimpers eh dudes!!

I think that, to make the effect complete, a minus value should be implemented. There are many more instances when I need to "defocus" or "Blur" the background than give it a more HDR look.  This is a great opportunity since the AI can already distinguish the subject from the background. Another important thing is of course backward compatibility with L3 Catalogs and Libraries

Angela Andrieux

Hi - The new AI Structure tool does allow for negative structure. :-) You'll also have no problem loading your Luminar 3 catalog into Luminar 4.

Please sign in to leave a comment.