The beauty is in the details: Luminar 4 introduces AI Structure tool

Pinned Featured

Comments

26 comments

John Tweddell

Will 4 include Libraries and will this also be further developed and improved from v3?  I now use this as my DAM but have some issues including export times which I hope will improve over time (yesterday 300 jpegs took over four hours to export)

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi John,

Luminar 4 will certainly have the Library Module. However, we will continue updating Luminar 3 meanwhile. Luminar 4 will be developed from scratch and will bring lots of innovative features and improvements.

John Tweddell

Thanks Helena on both counts. Good News

Peter Ekström

Will Luminar 4 support raw files from Fujifilm X-T30?

Maryna Skylum

Hi Peter,

Yes. We're doing our best to support this camera in Luminar 4.

J. Ross

I am not currently a Luminar user although I am interested. I use a Fuji camera and I need something that does a way better job than Lightroom. I would like to take advantage of some of the current sales which include the free upgrade to Luminar 4.

Here's my question. If I purchase the Luminar 3 + 4 early bird package, can that include the Flex module as well so I can still integrate with LR while I learn to use Luminar?

Frank Fiorentino

@J. Ross. read the forum before you waste your money on Luminar. There are much better options out there from companies that don't lie to their customers. Buyer beware.

Kate Williams

@J.Ross, we can make a special offer for you. Please contact our team at https://skylum.com/support and paste the link to this thread into your request. We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you. 

David Ashley

When used as an Apple Photos extension, will the library module be automatically disabled in Luminar 4 (so I can use it in the same way as I currently use Flex?).

Angela Andrieux

Hi David,

Yes, you'll be able to use Luminar 4 as an Apple Photos extension in the same way you currently use Luminar Flex.

Taffy Ledesma

Hi I'm a current Luminar 3 user.  I got into Luminar by pre-ordering L3 and waiting for it. It has been less than a year and now a new version is coming out. I want to upgrade to L4 but I've received the pre-order deal however I have no interest in the bonus looks - I'd rather get a bigger discount on L4.  Is this possible?  

Anna V

Hi Taffy, 

The looks are the freebies. 

If you don't like them, you can simply disregard.

Nevertheless, you can contact us via http://www.skylum.com/support and we will try to figure out something for you. 

mary riley

Does v 4 solve.. THIS ????  382% cpu... or; 45 sec for a pic to 'load' . another 45 sec to see possible filters... IF the right set loads from last time (50/50 it doesn't).  (whats the point of favs if it doesn't always show .. favs).  and finally... still crashes worse than a driver at a crash derby. 

(and these times are before i linked to my network drive .. just local images). 

I love the filters, i love the sw... but its takes me 15 times longer to go thru a batch of pics than my prev sw.  

I waited nearly a year - prebuying v3... being swindled i feel in to own beta sw for full price.  now you are adding more .. and releasing a new AT cost to us v4??  It should be free for those of us who've done all your beta testing.

Also - support for appending and Viewing GPS.. heck the entire meta data ... should be there already.  As should support for adding copyright metadata.   The limited info you provide for exif / metadata is silly.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Mary,

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com.

We'll investigate the issue.

Martin Connolly

Hi Skylum folks. I have been a loyal Macphun and Skylum customer since CK2016. I bought Luminar, 2018, Flex and upgraded to L3, as well as Aurora HDR 2018. I feel that I have invested quite a lot of money with you, and I have cancelled my Adobe CC membership in the hope that Luminar would be a better model. But I now would have to pay another £54 to buy L4, when L3 is still buggy. How often will you be asking for more payments? This is a subscription service by another name. I am seriously considering going back to Adobe. At least I got frequent improvements to Lightroom that way, and a rock-solid DAM.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Martin! Please note that Luminar 3 upgrade was free for all Luminar 2018 users. 

Also, Luminar 4 upgrade is optional. You can stick to your current version. We will continue to support Luminar 3. Check out our roadmap:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

John Tweddell

The roadmap is not found on that link?

Martin Connolly

Hi Anastasia. First, that link doesn't work. Second, by L3 being supported does that mean it may actually be free of bugs in the foreseeable future?

Angela Andrieux

Please try this link: https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap

John Tweddell

I don’t see versions of a file on either roadmap. By this I mean alternative versions with different adjustments of one file. This was originally in the 3 roadmap?

Angela Andrieux

Hi John,

I believe you are referring to virtual copies? If so, this is still on our to-do list but we have other features that have taken a higher priority at this time and we don't have an ETA on implementation.

Eric Bustarret

It would be good that you put a higher priority on virtual copies.

Luminar 3 is so buggy when you use layers that you end up with loosing all your edits quite often (and, no, undo doesn't always work correctly in that matter). At least virtual copies would allow to have some "backups" of the image edit. 

Adding fancy AI powered feature is probably requested by marketing as you advertise this a lot. But what is the use if I cannot have a decently robust editing software as well. I came to Luminar 3 because my version of Lightroom Classic was not running anymore on my mac and I didn't want the CC edition. But if you guys don't recognize that speed and stability is an issue with Luminar, I assume many will go back to Lightroom (which is a shame, as Luminar is gives quite good images at the end). 

Elena Blum

Hi Eric,

We appreciate your feedback and I can definitely understand your concern. Our most important aim right now is updating our software to improve the stability of it and to make the user experience even better. 

jesushidalgo PHOTOGRAPHY

Hello, 

I have been to this forum many times but his time I'm trying really hard to not come here to post any negative comments, but before I get there, let me start by saying that I really like the interface of the new Luminar 4. I like how you can add AI edits and improvements without "damaging" the image. I like the interface. In general I like this idea or this dream software that it would be Luminar 4. But it really is unusable if I bring a RAW file and it takes absolutely forever to make an edit with any of the tools, with any mask. When applying edits to a mask with any brush, every time I click on the photo, not only my computer sounds like it's taking off, but I literally have to wait about a minute or two (or three), not per image -PER CLICK! It is absolutely ridiculous. I have to clarify that when I use Photoshop, there is absolutely no lag, no wait time at all since I have 16 Gigs of RAM. I can use Photoshop without any problem, butter smooth all the way. I must add that when I use Luminar 4 as a Plug-In it works a little bit faster. But like most users, I don't want to pay for a subscription plan. That's the reason why we look elsewhere for solutions. It seems like Luminar would work better with very light photos. Perhaps phone photos. Which means, this software is not for professionals, and if you're a professional and shoot RAW, you're going to spend a day editing just one photo. I really, really want to like this software because I know it has a lot of potential. That is the reason why I have hung in there patiently waiting since the beginning of Luminar 3, listening to all the promises, but what good does it do to me if I can't use it? 

My suggestion to Skylum, on behave of EVERYONE is, please listen to the feedback. Stop for a minute and listen. Stop adding features and make this software faster. A lot faster. Work on the features that you already have. Work on retaining the users that you already have since we will be the loyal customers of the future, but if you try to attract more possible customers while neglecting the software and your customers of today, I can assure you that it is not a sustainable idea. Because while attracting new customers the current ones will be gone and your life cycle days will be counted. 

I hope you understand I come from a good place and wish you guys to succeed. I am rooting for you. Because if you succeed, we all succeed. 

Thank you for listening and good luck. 

Martin Connolly

I agree wholeheartedly with “Member”’s comment above. Stop adding bells and whistles and get the performance and stability fixed. I’ve resubscribed to Adobe CC as I can’t handle the crashes and glitches in Luminar 3, and I definitely wasn’t going to lay out more money on L4 for features I don’t need. But Flex works nicely as a Lightroom plugin so maybe I’ll just stick with that.

Vita Bergman

Hi Jesus!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your constructive criticism is much appreciated as it helps us understand our mistakes and become better.

I will make sure to pass your message to the team in charge.

Please sign in to leave a comment.