Where is support for raw files from the new Panasonic FF cameras (RW2 files)

Comments

6 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Jørgen,

Could you please specify the names of the cameras you're referring to?

Comment actions Permalink
    Jørgen Lock-Andersen

I am referring to the raw files (file extension RW2) from the two new full frame cameras from Panasonic S1 and S1R. These cameras have been sold worldwide since March this year. And another model - the S1H - is coming shortly. 

Anastasia Davis

Thanks for your clarification. You are right, the cameras are not supported yet. Nevertheless, we are constantly adding support for new cameras. Thus, we will do our best to add Panasonic S1 and S1R as soon as possible. There is no ETA yet, though.

Jørgen Lock-Andersen

Thank you for a quick reaction to my question. However, the answer is exactly the same as given several month ago: support will be added sometime in the future. 

Other software programs like Lightroom and ON1 have had support for Panasonic raw files a long time, and I will abandon Luminar if no support is added in the near future. 

Anastasia Davis

As we mentioned, we will do our best. At the moment there is just no info yet, sorry. 

Anders Svensson

@Anastasia, this is just the same stock answer that's spouted any time someone asks about a fix or missing feature/support: we'll do our best to fix it as soon as possible, or it will be released in a future update ... but there's never an ETA.

If there's no ETA then it's because it's not actually being worked on, in which case who knows when/if it will ever happen.

Please sign in to leave a comment.