Focus CK Support

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Peter,

At this time, indeed, there's no dedicated tool that will produce the exact same effect as Focus CK. We've let our engineering team know about this feature request, so it might be added in the future, but there's no ETA for now. 

Currently, you can choose among such blurring filters as Soft Focus, Soft Glow, and Image Radiance. More information can be found here: https://skylum.com/how-to/how-to-blur-picture 

This video can be helpful too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pie-QzYw0CA

If you own Focus CK and would like to integrate it with Luminar 3, here's what you can do:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software. Locate the folder of the app you'd like to connect to Luminar 3. Navigate inside that folder - there will be a folder named Plug-ins thereNavigate inside the Plug-ins folder. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Luminar, double-click any photo to open the full preview mode.
    4. Click Edit > Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Luminar to the .plugin file you just copied. The CK app should open.
    Comment actions Permalink
    Krzysztof Stępień

Will Focus CK be available on the PC?

Margaret Bright

Hi Krzysztof,

I regret to inform you that Focus CK is one of the legacy apps that will not have any future updates and will not be developed for the Windows platform.

Roger Saurin

I have updated my Mac to Big Sur only to find that my CK plugins don't work any more. Suggestions please?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Roger,

Unfortunately, the CK plugins are legacy applications and are no longer being updated.

David McLaughlin

In reply to Kate's response above, I would like to add my voice to Peter's in requesting functionality in Luminar that is similar to Focus CK in terms of both simplicity of use and editing capabilities.

Is there a list for customers to vote on potential enhancements?

Elena O'Brien

Hi David McLaughlin,

All noted, I'll add you to the list of people who wishes for the Focus CK functionality in our other products, however, there's no public list. Thank you for understanding!

Please sign in to leave a comment.