Luminar 4 Sky Replacement AI

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Gail,

Yes, you'll be able to use your own sky images. When we get closer to the release we'll be sharing detailed instructions on how to get the best results with the AI Sky Replacement. Please note that the video we replaced was showing a pre-release copy so some of the controls/sliders will likely look different when it is released to the public.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi, there

I just got Luminar 4. And I found out that the 'skies' bleed to the original layer whenever there's white in it. You have to use the brush to wipe it out! But then you erase the automatic toning too...

Angela Andrieux

Hi - Yes, that can happen occasionally. Please send the image in question to www.skylum.com/support so our developers can take a look at it.

Please also be sure to work with the Sky Local, Sky Global, and Close Gaps sliders which may help minimize the effect on the white areas.

I've also found that adjusting the white balance to match the sky image globally in the Light tool, and then reducing or removing the Relight slider in the Sky Replacement can be helpful if you need to mask out the effect on a certain area.

Hi, Angela

Thanks. I followed your suggestions and they work to a degree. Still, the sky bleeds to anything white on the upper part of the image. It's just a nuance now, though.

Angela Andrieux

Glad to hear the suggestions helped!

Please sign in to leave a comment.