Shortcuts

Comments

18 comments

Anna V

Hi Peter, 

The shortcuts are supposed to work on the English keyboard, for now. Please try to switch to English. 

Could you please specify which of them do not work for you on the English keyboard?

Comment actions Permalink
    Peter Dexheimer

Hello Anna,

You sell your software to German and other foreign customers, right? Don't you find it a bit embarrassing to force us to use an English keyboard?

One important question: Can I cancel my order of Luminar 4?

If so, who should I contact?

Peter

Kate Williams

Hi Peter, 

We do realize that it must inconvenient for some of our customers to switch to an English keyboard layout in order to use the shortcuts. That is why our engineering team has the task to implement the support of other keyboard layouts. However, as it requires a thorough tech development, it's taking a bit longer than expected. Let me reassure you that this functionality will be implemented in the future. Please be patient with us and keep on the lookout for following updates. 

If you'd like to request a refund for your Luminar 4 order, please, contact our team at https://skylum.com/support

Peter Dexheimer

Hello Kate,

ok lets see, how Luminar 4 is working.

regards

Peter

Helge Erik Storheim

The keyboard shortcuts I have reported to support does not work with the English keyboard either.  I have reported this and I have been told that support has managed to reproduce the errors. Just for fun I switched to English keyboard just now and it still does not work.

So why are you insisting that it works with an English keyboard. Can we believe anything you say at all?

Martin Fischer

How can keyboard shortcuts be customized?

"[" and "]" and "/" cannot be used on a german keybord for they are not just one key to be pressed but a combination with ALT (ALT+5, ALT+6) or SHIFT (SHIFT+7).

Ist there another way to solve this problem?
    I am afraid that an english version of Luminar  won't help because the keys "[" and "]" and "/" are managed by the OS but by Luminar.

Are there any tools out of Luminar to customize the shortcuts of Luminar (System shortcuts panel)?

All best
    Martin

Kirk Osborn

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I will pass on this info to our tech team for further investigation.

Kirk Osborn

Please note that shortcuts change their effect when you use them in combination with the 'Shift' button.

Martin Fischer

"[" and "]" have a double meaning:

[ decrease the brush radius
    ] increase the brush radius

at the one side

and  

[ decrease rating
    ] increase rating

at the other side.

Robert GLOD

Still not ok in Aurora HDR 2019 Version 1.0.0.2550(March2020)/Windows 10!? --> Please give us your deadline.

Victoria Grace

Hi Robert,

Could you please specify which shortcuts from this list don't work for you:

https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/keyboard-shortcuts

It would be great if you reach us via https://skylum.com/support so that we could better assist you on this matter.

Seth McBean

Hi Victoria,

Following this thread closely. I am using an Apple Swiss German (QWERTZ) keyboard. A big part of the problem is these shortcuts arent even visible on German keyboards, much in the same way that the "ü", "ö" and "ä" characters arent visible on English keyboards. While it's possible to get to these characters, it invariably requires one or more modifier keys and is neither convenient or intuitive.

For example, the classic (infamous) brush radius modifiers "[" and "]". These keys are not visibly written on my keyboard anywhere, but those bracket characters are generated via Alt+5 and Alt+6 respectively. That combo actually works to increase and decrease the brush size. However, what if I wanted to change the brush softness? Shift+Alt+5 and Shift+Alt+6 do absolutely nothing. Cmd+Alt+5 and Cmd+Alt+6 output completely different characters entirely. This is very frustrating.

Same scenario for "\" for before/after comparison. Again, this key is not visible on the physical keyboard. That symbol requires pressing Shift+Alt+7 and once again, this does nothing in Luminar.

How about providing a simple mechanism for adapting these shortcuts? The inability to adapt these shortcuts to other (physical) keyboard layouts greatly decreases the usability of these apps.

Victoria Grace

Hi Seth, what you're suggesting makes perfect sense. I can imagine how inconvenient it could be for you and other users to use the shortcuts on the German keyboard. Be sure, I've notified our techs about this request so that they consider improving it in the future.

For now, the only solution is to switch to the English keyboard and check on the internet where the needed keys are placed there physically. Your understanding on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Peter Dexheimer

This is promised since Luminar 3, but nothing happens. That's why I have returned Luminar 4. I will not buy a new version anymore. The programmers are only interested in their goals. But they are not interested in a simple workflow and shortcuts etc. Pity.

Peter

Robert GLOD

Test Keyboard Shortcuts Aurora HDR 2019 V1.0.0.2550 / Windows 10 / Swiss-French Keyboard

Keyboard Shortcuts listed on https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/keyboard-shortcuts

General Shortcuts

OK F — View the current image in full-size screen. Return to the application by pressing any button.
    NotOk \ — Activates before/after comparison. When the key is pressed, the original image will be shown. The original image can be either the original tone-mapped result or a middle image in a bracket series. The last option is set by default. To change this option, simply go to the View > Compare With fly out menu. Releasing the key will reveal the enhanced image.
    NotOk ; — Activates side-by-side comparison mode where the original image is on the left side and the edited result will be on the right side. To exit the mode press the ; button again.
    OK Tab — Show/hide the Preset panel at the bottom of the window. (!!Not only the Preset=Looks panel, but also the Side panel!!)
    OK C — Enter the Crop tool.
    OK B — Activates the Brush Mask tool.
    OK G — Activates the Gradient Mask tool.
    OK R — Activates the Radial Mask Tool.
    OK J — Show/hide the display of “hot” and “cold” pixels. These are completely black and white pixels on an image.
    OK Cmd + B / Ctrl + B — Opens Batch Processing mode.
    OK Shift + Cmd + E / Shift + Ctrl +E — - Export to a file
    NotOk Shift + Cmd + F / Shift + Ctrl + F — Show current edited file in Finder/Explorer.

Mask Editing Shortcuts

NotOk [ — Decrease the brush radius
    NotOk ] — Increases the brush radius
    NotOk Shift + [ — Decreases the brush softness
    NotOk Shift + ] — Increases the brush softness
    OK X — Switches between Paint and Erase modes
    OK Cmd + I / Ctrl + I — Inverts the layer mask
    NotOk / — Show current layer mask in the form of red transparent image imposition
    OK Spacebar — Pans the image in the painting mode when zoomed in

Not listed on https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/keyboard-shortcuts

OK Ctrl + - — Zoom Out
    NotOk Ctrl + = — Zoom In
    OK Ctrl + 0 — Zoom FillScreen
    OK Ctrl + 1 — Zoom 100 %
    OK Mouse Wheel Scroll Down — Zoom Out
    OK Mouse Wheel Scroll Up — Zoom In
    OK Shift Mouse Wheel Scroll Down — Decrease the brush radius
    OK Shift Mouse Wheel Scroll Up — Increases the brush radius

This well known problem concerns (in a different way) all non US (or UK?) keyboard users, which means not a minority, but a large majority of users! Switching the keyboard layout every time you change the application, and even within the application, if you change from "drawing" mode to "text writing" mode is not acceptable!

Robin Zenner

Hi, the shortcut voor zooming out pictures (CMD+-) in Luminar is not working on my French AZERTY keyboard, it keeps zooming in. I'm on Luminar 4.3.0 and a Mac user. Any idea how to fix this?

Victoria Grace

Hi Robin,

Sorry for this inconvenience. This is a known-issue, meanwhile, please, try to use the English keyboard selected, while using Luminar 4 shortcuts.

Robin Zenner

Ok, thanks for your reply. I don't have an English QWERTY keyboard, so I'll just avoid using the shortcut to zoom out.

Please sign in to leave a comment.