How silly of me to think that Skylum actually had fixed the keyboard shortcuts

Comments

6 comments

Geoffrey Hahn

I've installed the latest update on my WIndows 10 computer.  Here's a screen shot of an unbelievably clipped image:

And, here's the same exact image after pressing the J key:

Now, here's the same image where I've added the B/W Conversion Tool:

Pressing CTRL-Z removes the tool, as expected:

And, pressing CTRL-Y restores the tool, as expected:

Go to Help/About Luminar 3 and make sure you have the current build installed:

Comment actions Permalink
    Helge Erik Storheim

Yes, but move one slider and then try the J key or CTRL+Z or Y again and it doesn't work. Skylum support have already confirmed that they have reproduced the errors.

Watch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIa1mRVA_zs

And of course I have installed the latest version

Geoffrey Hahn

Thank you for clarifying your issue. When you originally stated that the shortcut keys don't work, you should have included the part about changing a slider.  That would avoid confusion.

Geoffrey Hahn

Oh, and before I forget, you did state categorically that the "J" hotkey doesn't work, which is completely wrong, as seen above.

Geoffrey Hahn

I've been doing a little more testing around the hot key features.  If you exit edit mode, then reopen the file for editing, the hot keys work again, including resetting sliders.  It's not nearly as big of an issue as you made it sound, and should be easily corrected.

Helge Erik Storheim

Yes, you can go click Library and go back to Edit and the shortcut will work exactly ONCE - as soon as you move a slider it stops working, you can open the Looks panel and go back to Edit and the shortcut will work exactly ONCE - as soon as you move a slider it stops working. You can click Info or Tools or whatever and then go back to edit and the shortcut will work exactly ONCE UNTIL YOU MOVE A SLIDER then it stops working.

That is a problem in my book and especially since one of the key features for this release is that Hotkeys or Keyboard Shortcuts now are the same on both Mac & Windows. BTW. ALT + dragging the black or white slider has never worked in the Windows version.

I have read some of your other comments on this forum and I know you are probably just trying to help but why do you feel the need to criticize people's language skills (this is an international forum with participants from all over the world) and tell people that the issues they are experiencing with the program are not worth making a fuzz about.

Please sign in to leave a comment.