New Luminar 3.1.3 update: features and improvements

Pinned

Comments

44 comments

Gary Phoo

Thank you for the update!

I had no issues at all installing this update on my machine. Performance improvement is definitely noticeable in this version and I am happier with Luminar now than I was with the previous version. Nevertheless, the programme still needs to be optimised for better performance. In this version, I still notice a drop in performance as Luminar struggles to render adjustments after a number of filters have been applied (say more than 6-8 filters). I have not noticed any improvements in the exporting speed, so this is an aspect that I hope to see Skylum work on. Now Luminar 4 is going to be released, I truly wish that Skylum will continue updating and optimising Luminar 3; at the current stage, I still think Luminar 3 needs to be made faster.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helga Rowles

Hi Gary, thanks for sharing your observations with us! Performance remains our top priority and we'll definitely continue to improve it. 

Michał Barański

Hello,

I have three questions:

1) do you plan to resolve problem with hot keys functionality - as mentioned by some other users they do not always work - for example when you move one of the sliders on the right i any filter (contrast, clarity, etc) and then you want to go quickly to crop (C) it does not work. The same with exporting the file. I f the last action was adjusting the slider, hot key for exporting (CTRL+SHIFT+E) does not work.

2) is there any plan to allow Nik Software plugin to be installed in Luminar 3 the same way it is possible for Mac (at least that what I understand)?

3) the software crashes from time to time - usually once per hour of continuous photo processing it just stops to respond and closes. Anyone experiences this?

Apart from the above the update was very positive, increasing the speed and functionality.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Michał,

1. Some keyboard shortcuts might not work on some keyboards (e.g. German). 

2. We do plan on adding it in the future. However, there is no ETA.

3. Please, contact us at support@skylum.com. We'll investigate the issue.

Michał Barański

I think it is not the case that some hotkeys would not work on some keyboards. In general the hotkey combination works, unless you want to use it directly after using one of the sliders in filter part.

Jeffrey Smith

I started using Luminar again after discovering Skylum fixed a color management issue. I really like this software in how quickly I can get the colors I want. I can spend more effective time creatively editing rather than problem solving or having to use complicated curves.

I am experiencing some issues that are quirky:

1. Spinning wheel of death. Usually precipitated by me moving too fast between images.

2. The brush function not "taking" on the mask. Sporadic and annoying. The only fix so far is to delete the filter and start over.

3. Sometimes on a heavily edited image, I cannot export without moving to another image and then going back to the original image. It then works.

Complements on the filters and the use of the Adobe camera specific presets. I'm willing to put up with these issues for now because I save so much time and frustration. Stability is key.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jeffrey,

Glad to hear that the improvements are working (mostly) well for you! We'd like to further investigate the issues you are encountering. Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to look into them. Thanks in advance!

Peter Holka

Hello,

How can I roll back to the previous version? It was working (only one version which was working for me from Luminar3 release) but Luminar is again crashing after the last update. Why you cannot release normal, working version after few yers development? Do you test your releases?

I'm running Luminar in WIN 10.

Christopher Erdal

I opened Luminar and it suggested an update which I accepted. The update went just fine!

Thanks for the huge speed improvements when browsing. I've just created 2 catalogs with 1600 and 600 raw photos and it went very smoothly and fast.

I then tried to batch export basic unmodified jpgs to a subfolder of each raw photos folder. I have an ergonomics request:

- Please add "process selected photos" to the list of options in the Ctrl-B dialog (and also "batch process selected photos" to the right-click menu on a selected photo). At present the dialog expects us to change programs to re-select the photos to be batch-exported in an explorer (I use TotalCommander) and then drag them onto it, which is an unnecessary waste of time.

- please open the "select files" dialog (from the batch processing dialog) in the folder where the last photo selected is. That way we don't have to start from scratch each time if we're batch-processing various groups of photos in the same catalog.

- please show the name of the currently selected photo when browsing, without requiring that we open it alone to see its name.

Well done for this update, and keep it coming!

Maryna Skylum

Hi Christopher Erdal.

Thanks so much for your feedback, it means a lot to us!

Hi Peter Holka

Sorry to hear that!

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com. We'll investigate the issue.

Robert Turner

Luminar is Crashing at startup due to an unhandled exception

From the windows event log

Application: Luminar 3.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException
    at <Module>.mipl.miplInit(mipl.SMiplContext*)
    at MiplWrapper.MiplInit.Initialize(MiplWrapper.MiplContext, System.String)
    at Luminar.DAM.App.Init()
    at Luminar.DAM.App.InitApplication(Luminar.DAM.Infrastructure.Interfaces.IDAMPathsProvider)
    at Luminar.DAM.App.OnStartup(System.Object, System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(System.Windows.StartupEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at Luminar.DAM.App.Main()

Angela Andrieux

Hi Robert,

Please reach out to www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to investigate this for you.

Luminar is Crashing at startup due to an unhandled exception

From the windows event log
    記錄檔名稱: Application
    來源: .NET Runtime
    日期: 2019/10/16 下午 03:02:21
    事件識別碼: 1026
    工作類別: 無
    層級: 錯誤
    關鍵字: 傳統
    使用者: 不適用
    電腦: DESKTOP-3879OP3
    描述:
    Application: Luminar 3.exe
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
    at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.Models.GalleryModel.OnGalleryImagesUpdated(Luminar.DAM.Core.EventArgs.ImagesUpdatedArgs)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    at Luminar.DAM.App.Main()

事件 Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2019-10-16T07:02:21.873515500Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4338</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-3879OP3</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Application: Luminar 3.exe
    Exception Info: System.ArgumentException
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(System.ExceptionResource)
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089],[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].Insert(System.__Canon, System.__Canon, Boolean)
    at Luminar.DAM.Gallery.Models.GalleryModel.OnGalleryImagesUpdated(Luminar.DAM.Core.EventArgs.ImagesUpdatedArgs)

Angela Andrieux

Please contact us at www.skylum.com/support with your crash report(s) so our techs can investigate. Thanks in advance!

Please sign in to leave a comment.