What's new in Luminar 3.1.3 update?

Pinned

Comments

46 comments

Daniel L

When can we get the update? And how can we get it? Auto Update doesn´t work and offline installer link is a secret

Comment actions Permalink
    Martin Harvey

I am on 3.1.3 build 4280 and have had a pretty nasty issue but first I don't see the "Lost Edots album. Should this only appear if there's a need for it?

Ralph Bley

I cannot get 3.1.3 installed.  When I launch Luminar it says there is an update.  It appears to install successfully (I receive a "new components have been installed message") but when I re-launch I am still running 3.1.2 and it again says there is an update available.  I have even tried uninstalling and re-installing from the download link under my account and it still installs 3.1.2.

Martial Fournier

Bonjour,

La mise à jour ne se fait pas!

jean Vidal

idem que pour Ralph

Antonio Herrera

Ralph Bley me ocurre lo mismo que a ti 
    jean Vidal

SVP un peu moins de vantardise un peu plus de concret, comment peut on lancer une mise a jour qui ne fonctionne pas ?

Frank Fragomeni

Same problem as Ralph Bley.  I wrote to tech support using the help/contact us in the Luminar menu system.

Yevgen Pogoryelov

Same problem as Ralph Bley has.
    But when it downloads the update the only available options are "Repair" or "Uninstall". With previous updates there was option to actually "Update". Upon pressing "Repair" it shows a progress bar which says "Installing..." After the installation is done it just pops up the window suggesting to start Luminar. No info about new components being installed though.

Ralf Hackmann

Also Same problem as Ralph Bley! cant get the update installed, although everything seems fine...

Mathias Tom

Update läuft ohne Fehler durch, und startet wieder mit der alten Version. Wieder update möglich aber dann mit reparieren Option, auch ohne Ergebnis, also wieder die alte Version.

Windows 10 64

Update runs without errors, and starts again with the old version. Update again possible but then repair option, even without result, so back to the old version.

Manfred Duschek

Same problem as Ralph Bley and others

John Aldred

Here we go again .....  waited ages for it to "install"    ... updates components message  ... what does that mean?  Restart PC  ... why ? .... new desktop icon  ... old version.

Damn it I do not need you DAM    ... I want a proper Windows photo editor that should have mouseover cues to what the tools etc. do.  This has never worked.   And we are to look forward to AI sky replacement in a version 4  ....  who needs that?

Yes I am fed up with Skylum and Luminar.   Fortunately there are other alternatives now which do work properly

bruce smith

Same issue as Ralph Bley. Have rebooted and attempted update several times. No joy.

Brian Call

Same problem as the rest on Windows 10, 64-bit. Update to 3.1.3 doesn't seem to happen despite all indications that the update is successful. I haven't been able to find an installer log to help shed light on the update failure.

Edit: I tried the offline installer from the forum entry "What to do when you try to install the update 3.1.3 and it loops" and it worked.

Lars-Göran Nordström

Updating via this link from Luminar worked for me: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/win/Luminar3_Setup_offline.exe

Ralph Bley

The offline setup worked for me as well.  Thanks Brian and Lars.

bruce smith

offline setup also worked for me, but the 3.1.3.3920 version now installed does not show a 'Lost Edits' Album even though i moved a newly edited file and renamed a newly edited file.

Miguel Campos

Same thing for me, I "installed" the update, when I launch Luminar it tells me there is an update, I run it, except this time the option is to Repair or Uninstall. I run through the repair and the same thing happens when I launch Luminar again, it tells me there is an update available. I tried in another computer and received the same results. I re-started both computers to make sure there was nothing left behind in memory causing the problem, no luck.

I removed Luminar 3 using the control panel and I am now re-installing to see if this helps, strangely enough the uninstall only took 4-5 seconds which seems too quick to have removed the 1 gb + of program files. 

I am running Windows 10 Professional with the latest upgrades from Microsoft. 

John Aldred

Yes thanks for the above info  ...offline installer worked.  Where is this lost edits installer though?   

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

In case you need it, here are the offline installers:

MAC

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/mac/Luminar3.dmg

WIN

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/win/Luminar3_Setup_offline.exe

@John - Here is the link to the User Guide section about Lost Edits: https://skylum.com/luminar/user-guides/chapter-12-lost-edits

Eva Haag

I had the same problems as the other, special like Miguel. Now I use the link from Angela und the Update works and finished. Its now all correct.

Thanks to Angela

Miguel Campos

The offline installer worked for me, I was able to update the program in both computers. 

Thank you,

Antonio Herrera

Todo correcto con el enlace de Angela, veremos si hay mas sorpresas

Mark Lopiccola

Thanks for the offline setup link.  I am experiencing same update failure.

John Aldred

Angela    ...... thanks for the Lost Edits information   ......   I see that this album does not show unless there are Lost Edits and I can see that that makes sense

Bob Dobbs

I'm sure I will take some heat from the haters for saying this, but overall I find the 3.1.3 update very good.  It's much faster at switching from photo to photo, and edits seem more responsive.  Additionally, I did a db backup and it was as fast or faster than Lightroom.

Once we get the ability to mass export processed photos with watermarks applied, I will be pretty happy with the program as-is.

John Aldred

by "haters" do you mean Skylum customers who were entitled to expect a fully functioning photo editor from day one, but did not get it?   Maybe this is much better but how long does it take, and why have we all had this updating problem today?.  I agree it is a lot better but Skylum are already announcing the next version.

Miguel Campos

Bob,

Don't you hate the haters? LOL

I think the "haters" have their place in history ... they push to keep the companies on track, whether they succeed or not is a different story.

My biggest beef is we were provided a list of features "teased" to purchase the product then the decision was made that those features were no longer needed/wanted and taken off the plate. 

You may have a different perspective and I respect that, but would like your feedback on that point. 

Mark Lopiccola

As long as I don't have to pay $20/month for the rest of my life, I'm happy with whatever they offer.

Please sign in to leave a comment.