Another update another Problem

Comments

11 comments

patrick wynne

yes i am having the same problem here too, i got two one is ok and the others is going in loop.

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel L

Also mentioned here: https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360048486732-Updating-to-Luminar-3-3-1-3-3920-fails 

it would be nice to have the offline installer. The offline installer worked great for the last times. But it seems it is not updated yet :(

Donald Wyllie

Same problem here on Windows 10. The update box never goes away. The program starts faster but still a long wait until the Edit Filters appear. Nothing else changed for me and the sliders still laggy.

Now unsubstantiated reports that support for L3 will stop. What next I wonder?

Helena Carter

For everyone who's facing this issue - please, contact our Support Team and we'll send you the link to the full installer. 

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

JP

I have sent an email but no sadly no response other than the automated ones. I just switched from LR and REALLY hope this is not signs of things to come. I have tried many things to get the update to work but no success. 

When I peaked into the update package, it appears that the downloaded update does not actually contain the 3.1.3 files but rather 3.1.2.

If true, this logically would be the reason why the "repair" prompt appear instead of "update" because the computer thinks "hey these are the same files I already have installed. The user must want me to overwrite them with the same ones."

Yes I am located in Canada so there should not be the problem of the wrong files being fetched as noted in the other form post.

PS I do have a history with computers, including creating a hotfix used by a well known competitor when their update broke their 'room for may users.

Daniel L

Why is the link a secret? I mean this is a community forum and usually developers are proud to release updates. This behavior looks strange to me. Haven´t seen this at other companies...

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

Just to clarify the update has been rolled out to a few select countries as a soft launch (more about that here: https://skylum.com/blog/what-is-a-soft-launch)

We don't want to post the download link publicly until the update has been rolled out worldwide because it will only work in select countries. If you're having issues, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to provide the link to you if you're located in one of the soft launch countries.

JP

Hi. Thank-you very much for the reply. I totally understand the challenges of the updates.

I am actually and physically in one of the soft launch countries and still it is not working. I have already emailed support but unfortunately there has been no response.

I don't mind using the older version, however the pop-up is very annoying with no option to turn off check for update (except denying Luminar internet access).

Guy Meacham

Thank you our  Canadian, Australian and Austrian next version Beta Testers :) 

Kim Austin

@Guy -- happy to oblige from Australia.  :)

Helga Rowles

Hi,

Please use our offline installer if you're encountering any issues with the update:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar/win/Luminar3_Setup_offline.exe (Windows)

Please sign in to leave a comment.