Daniel L

@Jill +1

Make the offline installer available

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel L

Why not posting it? Is it a secret??

Pierre Alarie

Helena, i have sent a post to the Support Team and i dont have a response. I ask them to send me the link for the full installer and no response. What i do wrong ! I need the full installer… Why no response ?

JP

It does not appear to be a region issue as being physically located in Canada makes no difference. Looks like it is a problem with the deployed update files being 3.1.2 not 3.1.3 so naturally the computer has nothing to "update" so offers to "repair" instead.

Pierre Alarie

JP Ok for the explanation. But whom in Skylum company is responsable to correct this issue … I am not very happy with this problem who take precious time...

Daniel L

To summarize:

There is an update

Update cannot be installed

Link is not posted public

Link is not provided by Email

Seriously??

Jacques Demers

It looks like it is very difficult for Skylum to do something right the first time.

Marcella Fostey

Thank you for your latest reply however I had a luminar3 installer from June 6, 2019 still on my hard drive. I installed it and as a result I now have 3.1.3.3920 installed.....on both computers. Thanks 

Daniel L

Will the offline installer https://luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com/win/Luminar_3_Release.msi  be updated?

Neil Harris

Found the installer ("Luminar 3_Installer.exe") in the temp folder. Tried installing using "Run as adminstrator" option, but still fails to update. Extracted the contents of data.zip that is generated during the installation; "Luminar 3.exe" still shows ver. 3.1.2.3606 in installer!

Daniel L

Path is: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3

Location is Germany (also tried with VPN several countries -> same result)

Anyway: What about the offline installer I mentioned in my previous post? Uninstalling Luminar and installing it with the offline installer solved my issues last time.

Cheers
    Daniel

Daniel L

Meaning we have to VPN to Canada, update, uninstall, grab the installer from download folder and install again...Nice way to deploy updates :(

Jill Edwards

I will wait for the full offline install file to be made available before I even try to update as the online installers always result in spending time to fix problems. Just make the offline installer  available in our accounts EVERY TIME there is an update. Please!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Neil,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help you with this.

Helena Carter

Hi, 

Please, try installing the update and then run Luminar 3 from the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3

Neil Harris
    Please, try installing the update and then run Luminar 3 from the following folder:  C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3

Same result. The installer isn't updating. File properties after installing the update:

Lloyd O'Daniel

You are not alone, Neal. The same thing happened to me. Typical for this crew.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Could you please all specify which folder do you have Luminar 3 installed into?

Also, please, kindly contact our Support Team to report this issue, it would help us a lot:

https://skylum.com/support

Helena Carter

Also, please, let us know where are you located? 

Lloyd O'Daniel

I'm in the USA, but VPN'd to Canada to get it. I have successfully done that before. The installation folder is default: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3.

Lloyd O'Daniel

I just tried again and got the repair or uninstall dialog box. This time I uninstalled. I then found Luminar_Installer.exe that I had saved in my downloads and reinstalled. Boom! It installed 3.13.

Helena Carter

Please, note that soft launch update will work only for the ones in Canada, Australia ans Austria. 

@Lloyd, please, kindly wait till the end of the week for the update to be live in the US.

For everyone who's facing this issue - please, contact our Support Team and we'll send you the link to the full installer.

Pierre Alarie

Here my problem:

Neil Harris

C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 3

Canada

Neil Harris

Lloyd: Did you lose your database and previous edits when you uninstalled 3.1.2 and then installed 3.1.3?

Thanks, Neil

Pierre Alarie

Daniel +1

Daniel L

Nope, those files are located in your appdata folder and (database) in your luminar catalog folder. Anyway, I always make a backup before uninstalling -- there should be no impact when uninstalling and installing again

Lloyd O'Daniel

@Helena: Too late. I have it now and I'm certainly not going back.

@Neal: No, miraculously in view of recent history, everything was intact.

@JP: You get "Install" instead of "Repair" the first time you do it. Then you find out that the version is still 3.12. Any subsequent attempt to update produces "Repair". So, the files are being loaded they just aren't executed. But the system knows you have attempted to update before.

Lloyd O'Daniel

@Neil: Sorry for the misspelling of your name!

Dave Galliers

I am having exactly the same problems as Neil here in the UK. Is the problem been sorted?

Please sign in to leave a comment.