Annoyed.

Comments

6 comments

Steve Ratts

Mark,

Before you go back to Adobe you might want to take a look at On1. I was able to migrate my entire LR catalog in complete with edit settings, keywords, metadata, flagging, color coding, etc. If you don't want to have to pay rent to Adobe this might be a solution for you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark De Calmer

Thanks Steve! I'm not sure why, but On1 kept crashing, it also somehow doubled my 11,000 images to 25,000 and corruped files all over the place. So glad I had backups! So, I gave up on that as well after a week of fighting with it. Just paid again and gone back to ransomware, but thank you for the suggestion. Hope your On1 works well for you.

Helena Carter

Hi Mark,

Could you please describe the issue in a more detailed way? We'd really like to help you get the best experience. Please, contact us via support@skylum.com and we'll be happy to help you.

Mark De Calmer

Hi Helena, thanks for suggesting support, however, the issues are basically the same as everyone else's, far far to slow. Catalogues for 100 images as suggestions from support are quite honestly, silly IMO. The fact that 4 is now for sale as an upgrade so I can sky enhancement when there are so many other issues that should have been addressed I believe is an insult to skylum customers. Kind regards, Marc

G Mitchell

Mark De Calmer , You are spot on. I can not think of one other software company in my 43 years of working with Pc's and Macs. That had the audacity to fail to deliver a finished bug free product they promise before asking for more money for a product that dose not even exist yet and has not even been in public beta testing.

You buy a car it's a lemon. After 8 months the dealer says we are working on fixing your issue with the lemon we sold you but in the mean time we have a better model your gonna love. We will give you a discount if you pay us up front before we deliver the new model to you. Now is there anyone in their right mind that would hand over more of their money to that car dealer ? 🙄

Kate Williams

@Mark and @G, let me reassure you that we'll keep improving the performance and stability of Luminar 3, even though Luminar 4 has already been announced. New features will be added too. Thus, if you'd like to, you may keep using Luminar 3 for an unlimited period of time, and our subsequent updates will ensure that your user experience is more pleasant. 
    Moreover, kindly mind that AI Sky Replacement will not be the only new feature in Luminar 4 - more announcements will follow soon

Please sign in to leave a comment.