Road Map suggestion

Comments

9 comments

Helga Rowles

Hi Geoffrey, 

Thanks for your support!

We'll do our best to keep our promises honest and clear to avoid any misunderstanding in the future.

Comment actions Permalink

Oh Geoffrey, it's easy to overdo sarcasm. 

Geoffrey Hahn

No sarcasm at all here, Mx. Member.  I'm just tired of people who complain about their impotence over controlling the direction a company is taking.  Keeping to only those items that are actually under active development should help to prevent their overactive imaginations from going into overdrive.

So it seems it was me, who was sarcastic. Just want to point out that even people you're tired of have the right to post their thoughts about the announcements the company made.

Geoffrey Hahn

Seems like the wrong place for your post, but whatever.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Geoffrey, 

Let me try to clarify the situation:

The announcement of Luminar 4 doesn’t mean that we are going to abandon Luminar 3 and our plans.

Luminar 3 will be updated with new functionality and performance improvements as promised.

IPCT support, Search tool, new cameras support will be available both for Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 users.

Regarding LR migration tool: we are not going to develop it on our own. Currently, we are conducting negotiations with our partners that will be able to develop the separate migration tool for LR users.

Please note that we will update our roadmap soon and you will be able to check all the relevant info there.

Hope for your patience and understanding.

Geoffrey Hahn

Thanks, Anna!  This leaves only one item on the "Planned" section of the Road Map unaccounted for, which would be Virtual Copies.  I only hope that this clarifies the situation for others, though I'm certain there will be people who will now start complaining loudly about the LR Migration tool.

Kate Williams

@Geoffrey, 

Thanks for your support. Once we have more information regarding virtual copies, we'll let everyone know. 

Deborah Hinter

I will just jump in here after reading the above about negotiations with partners.  I love Luminar and have received excellent customer support, however, can it be placed into negotiations, to also develop an export/publish/share function from Luminar to Flickr?  Without this, we are tied to Lightroom if we are active in the Flickr community.

Thank you

Dusty Road Photos

Please sign in to leave a comment.