Is L4 going to be a discounted purchase for L3 owners?

Comments

36 comments

Antti Peteri

Is there an upgrade path for older versions like there used to be with Adobe in the olden days? As I'm essentially a refugee from Adobe subscription model and couldn't care less about sky replacement or AI features in general, I'm inclined to skip L4 altogether.

Of course, at this point I can no longer assume good faith, since all the evidence points to maximizing profit at every imaginable turn, so I'll probably have to think hard about jumping ship. ON1's upgrade model seems fair (eligible for upgrade price from ANY older version) and at least we know they're legitimately trying to be a Lightroom alternative.

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi @David, @Antti,

Please, contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll try to figure something our for you.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi @Helena,

warum wird nur für gewisse Anwender versucht etwas anzubieten? Wir haben doch alle das selbe Problem mit der Bezahlung für das Update auf L4.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Wolfgang! please reach our customer support and we would be happy to help you with an offer as well: https://skylum.com/support

Williams Bonnel

Price for every upgrade products is not fair. it's like on1 software it's disguised subscription of course no obligation to upgrade but a new version every year. I own every (most likely) products from skylum I upgrade full price to Aurora HDR 2019 finally I had better results with Aurora HDR 2018 - Luminar 3 had a lot of bugs we'll had to deal with it but the free upgrade was nice. But price upgrade 79 euros well I don't understand... I bought small apps like Intensify CK or Noiseless CK useless... 

The only very cool thing was Photolemur 3 I get free because I send an email in klingon - but same I don't use it much. I'm really disappointed by this upgrade price after been disappointed by Luminar HDR 2019

I would have paid 39 or 49 ! But 79 hell no it will be anyway in few month in bundlehunt or stacksocial for 4 euros (oh yes I was disappointed to see Luminar 3 for so less money after to spend more to get it at first)

I'm really disappointed. :(

without mentioning I have Affinity Photo and Designer since day one and I have since every upgrades for free even major version. and the price firstly is less expensive than a customer upgrade from L3 to L4 non sens 

Colin Grant

Affinity will not be able to live with that pricing model forever , of that I am sure (I see Topaz have now stopped it). The next major release, rather than a point update, will not be free - they have already stated that.

Please sign in to leave a comment.