Bye bye Luminar

Comments

19 comments

Brian myers

I have nothing but issues with luminar 3, got a refund and moved to On1, have had zero issues since switching. Its to bad because i really liked Luminar.

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Gary,

If you haven't already, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to help with whatever issues you're encountering.

The upgrade to Luminar 4 is optional, and Luminar 3 will continue to be supported. We also have more free updates coming to Luminar 3 between now and the end of the year. Stay tuned!

Florian Albat

@Angela

Do you mean that seriously?

I wait for features (DAM, LR migration) that were promised more than one year ago, and now you want get L3 running until the end of the year even though you focuse to completely other things with L4 (AI Sky...) ?

Why should I believe that. Nothing you promised happened in right time the past.

Michael Pegg

Hi Angela

Does that mean Luminar will not be developed after 2019?

Michael Pegg

Angela meant Luminar 3 will not be developed after 2019?

Kirk Osborn

We are going to add the support of IPTC metadata, search tool and some other features in Luminar 3 in the future updates. Please stay tuned.

Sandra Orth

Will the issue of processed photos appearing as black squares be fixed? This was promised but so far no fix.

Thanks

Angela Andrieux

Hi Sandra,

Is this an issue you've already reported to our support team? If not, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate. If you've already done that, please reply to your most recent support email and request an update.

Ron Lawrence

Angela, you can't fix what isn't there. As I've said before, I no longer believe Skylum.

Ron Lawrence

Kirk, in other words, you aren't working on what you promised over a year ago. Got it.

Tom Reimann

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".

Sandra Orth

Hi Angela

I have reported this but will follow up.

Thanks

Been waiting patiently for more features to be added to the library as promised for Luminar 3. However, I now see that AI has become more important. Broken promises cause dissatisfied customers. Terrible project management! 

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Please note that even though we've announced Luminar 4, we're not laying aside Luminar 3 and the promised Library enhancements. 

Such features as  IPCT support, Search tool, new cameras support will be available both in Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 as free updates. Moreover, stability and performance updates will be implemented too. 

Furthermore, we're negotiating with our partners regarding Lightroom migration tool development. Once more information is available, we'll let everyone know. 

The Roadmap will be updated soon with the latest information, so please stay tuned. 

Sandra Orth

Thanks Kate

So I am struggling to understand the difference between Luminar 3 and 4. Is L4 an updated version of L3?

I also can't understand why L4 isn't available as an upgrade to L3 instead of having to purchase a new product.

What, in a nutshell, is the difference between L3 and L4.

Thanks

Kirk Osborn

Our tech team creates Luminar 4 from scratch. Luminar 4 is an upgrade with many new features. Upgrades, unlike updates, don't overwrite the previous versions of the app. Updates, on the other hand, don't usually bring major changes but include tweaks and fixes. Thus buying the app of a particular release (e.g. Luminar Luminar 2018, Luminar 3, Luminar 4) you get a separate app that you'll be able to use for many years to come, upgrading is completely optional.

Sandra Orth

Thanks Kirk

That helps in understanding how it all works.

Cheers

Gary Morrison

OK Skylum, you may have rescued this at the 11th hour... The just released update to Luminar 3 has finally allowed me to import my pictures folder without the database locking up This is the FIRST time since I bought Luminar 3 that I have been able to use it. And it seems quite fast too.

Now, for those of us who have paid money and been unable to use Luminar 3, a competitive upgrade price to move to Luminar 4 would be appreciated. It might help you maintain your user base.

roro maul

I decided to move on from Luminar. Another software with big promises that turns into a pain. No upgrade anymore, they have all been a pain. Bye Luminar !

Please sign in to leave a comment.