au revoir ! und ade Luminar 3

Comments

10 comments

Dominik Janßen

Ich komme gar nicht erst dazu, Luminar überhaupt eine Stunde am Stück zu nutzen. Muss es nach jedem bearbeiteten Foto schließen und neu starten. Habe mein Leid heute schon im Forum geklagt: zum Beitrag. Wie hast du dieses Problem bei dir gelöst?

Comment actions Permalink
    michael durkin

Welcome and lucky for you, goodbye. To the wonderful world of McFun!

All we can do is cower as the middle-aged 'Super Teenie Teens' , erhem! That's 'Team Slylum' break off from watching Love Island to actually fix this pile o' fertiliser.

Klaus Lechten

@Dominik

wie ich die Probleme gelöst habe?

Steht ja eigentlich schon im Text ich bin zurück nach Adobe, mit Luminar für Windows wird das ja nichts und auch von gekauften Frust muß man sich trennen.

Programmabstürze gehören damit der Vergangenheit an. Auch wenn sich das bei Luminar ändern sollte, ich habe hier Geld verbrannt und das werde ich nicht vergessen.

Anna V

Hi,

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support so we could assist you in a better way.

Geoffrey Hahn

Since you asked, I, too run Luminar 3 on a Windows 10 computer.  Mine is an old machine - close to 10 years old now, with 16 G memory.  Luminar 3, much like Photoshop Elements 2019, takes its time to launch.  However, once it's opened up I've found few performance issues.  The ones that I have noticed, I've researched to the best of my abilities then reported my findings to Skylum support.  I have never had an issue sent in to support be ignored, and have consistently received responses within 24 hours.  I know others have reported never hearing back from Skylum, which I can't attest to, but perhaps its the tone that is used that puts off the support staff.  I believe that the main performance issues with Luminar 3 are directly related to memory management issues, which again I researched on my workstation and provided some hard numbers for Skylum to review, upon which I was notified - well within 24 hours - that they were aware of the issue and were actively working on resolving it.

I can also say that when I'm working in Luminar 3, I can work successfully on pretty much any number of images that I want to.  The one wonky thing about the Windows version of Luminar 3, which again I have reported, is the way it does not change the mouse pointer consistently to the Windows hourglass.  Instead, in those instances, it displays what I can only imagine to be an Apple-style hourglass in the lower left corner of my window.  I've learned that if that is being displayed and I try to perform another edit, the program will crash.  Consistently.  Yet again, I reported this to Skylum Supportm and they responded in a timely manner thanking me for my observations.

One final thing - I do strongly believe that the 8 G memory that Skylum says is a minimum for this application is true, but only so long as you are editing JPG's.  If you're editing RAW images, by my observations you would run out of memory after making one edit to the image, so more than likely the program will crash on the second edit.  Yes, I reported this to Skylum as well.

I understand that this process is extremely frustrating for many people.  However, realize two things - 1) Skylum is a small company.  They don't have the resources of Adobe, nor do they have the cumulative experience building such applications as Adobe, so they're going to be behind the ball if you compare the two, and 2) the best way to begin to get a resolution to your issues is to directly contact Skylum support.  When you do, though, be courteous.  As a support tech of many years experience, I know how difficult it can be to respond to somebody who is essentially throwing a tantrum.  Oh, finally, if the software isn't working for you, ask for a refund.  After all, they give you what?  30 days after purchase to request a refund.  If the program isn't working on your machine, why wouldn't you do this, then wait for the next release, download, and test it out before purchasing?

Off the soapbox now.  I hope anyone reading this can have as good of a day as you possibly can.

Helena Carter

Hi Geoffrey,

Thanks so much for such an adequate feedback. We appreciate your understanding and attitude.

The next update is to be released pretty soon, so you'll definitely notice performance improvements.

By the way, our money-back guarantee period is 60 days though, just to be precise.

Have a great day you too!

Klaus Lechten

Hallo,

nicht das hier ein falscher Eindruck entsteht, mein Kontakt mit dem Skylum Support war immer höflich und sachlich.

Die Antworten und Angebote vom Support kann ich durchweg als gut und fair bezeichnen, hieran habe ich absolut nichts auszusetzen und sage an dieser Stelle ehrlich danke.

Vielleicht läuft Luminar 3 bei anderen besser, bei mir stürzt es halt immer ab und das ständig, ich hoffe für alle Nutzer sowie für Skylum das es hier besser wird.
    Momentan ist das leider nicht so und ich arbeite hier wie auch beruflich einfach gerne mit einem verlässlichem Werkzeug, völlig egal ob Bohrmaschine oder Software.

Gruß Klaus

Helena Carter

Hi Klaus,

Thanks so much for your good feedback about our Support Team, we really appreciate that.

Ron Lawrence

Mr. Hahn found the solution!! I'll get my old Win7 machine and put it to use!!!

Mr. Akanji, notice how you were ignored. EVERY post like this, including all of mine are ignored. You hit the nail on the head. PC users aren't worth their time and this product will never be fixed. Ever. If all else fails it's back to Lightroom which I never really left because so much here isn't working and never will.

Anna V

Hi @Ron and @Dayo,

We don't ignore you and your posts. 

Sometimes we are afraid of taking the responsibility to find the right words to reply to you. 

We are still working on improving Luminar 3 and we hope that you will enjoy the free updates that we release for it.

We are not abandoning Luminar 3 and we will do our best to listen to our users more. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.