Luminar 4

Comments

21 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Tom,

Luminar 4 is a paid major version upgrade for which will be available late fall for all users, but upgrading is completely optional. If you choose not to upgrade Luminar 3 and/or Luminar Flex will continue to function.

If you have any other questions about your current license please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Hans-Dieter Mueller

Hi Angela, I have the same issue Tom has. I purchased Luminar 4 and paid for it. Being a Syklum customer I was left completly unaware that it is a free upgrade of my current Luminar 3 licence. Even worse:No order confirmation was issued by Skylum until now nor a payment receipt!. As you recommend I contacted Skylum support a week ago by note from within my account. No reply yet - other than an automated receipt of my note. Very disappointing. What can I do to be looked after, get help, receive confirmation or refund resp.? Thanks in advance.

Tony Collins

Hang on - I have done the same. Where do you get the info it is a free upgrade? (My L3 purchase was in April)

Angela Andrieux

Hi Hans-Dieter and Tony,

Luminar 4 is a paid upgrade. Luminar 3 users are eligible for a special pre-order upgrade price.

If you purchased the pre-order by mistake you can contact us at www.skylum.com/support to request a refund.

@Hans-Dieter - If you purchased the pre-order, please be sure to check your spam folder for your purchase confirmation as sometimes our emails are mis-routed. If you contact us at the support address above we can always resend it if necessary.

Ramprakash Ram Mohan

Why is it a paid upgrade when the features we were promised and as a free upgrade were not delivered?? I guess that pretty much helps make me decide - i was on the fence about luminar vs ON1. 

Thanks.

Kate Williams

Hi Ramprakash,

Please note that Luminar 4 will have a lot of brand-new innovative features based on Artificial Intelligence that were never seen before. It will bring a new quality to your photo editing, that's why it's a paid upgrade, but for a special price for our loyals.

The features listed on our Roadmap pertain to Luminar as a platform, and we are not laying them aside. We'll be working hard to deliver them in the future releases.

Hans-Dieter Mueller

@Angela - You care, thank You! I double checked my eMail in-box and my spam folder - NO order confirmation received re purchased and paid Luminar 4. I reported this fact to the Skylum customer service at the support adress you quote days ago and several times and asked for help - NO reply at all. Please have a look at your Skylum-support-inbox to identfy my urgent request.

Anyway: Please arrange for re-sending the requested order confirmation and payment receipt. Thanks a lot for your initiative and sustained support in advance to get this issue resolved.

Ramprakash Ram Mohan

@kate: the Luminar as a platform is a new spin. We were explicitly promised that those features will be a free upgrade to Luminar 3 in 2019. There was no mention of any AI and nor do I care for it.

Jane Selverstone

@kate: I completely agree with Ramprakash's comment above. I am waiting for free upgrades to Luminar 3, and will not be purchasing Luminar 4. I am currently in the process of checking out ON1, which correctly exports my camera EXIF data, and also gives me much greater control over printing my images. I will completely switch to ON1 if Skylum doesn't honor its promises to Luminar 3 customers. (I have been using your software since before the creation of Luminar, and have extolled its virtues to many other photographers. No more - you seem to have lost your way as a company.)

Kate Williams

@Hans-Dieter, we are sorry for the delayed reply. Our support team usually answers messages within 24 hours but in high traffic times it can take a bit longer. As far as I can see, one of our team members has already contacted you via email. Please be sure to check your inbox. 

@Jane - I'm afraid, at the moment, only performance/stability/compatibility updates are planned for Luminar 3. 

Currently, we do know for sure that IPTC editing will be in Luminar 4 as a free update to that version in the upcoming year. 

Ramprakash Ram Mohan

That rings so unreliable at so many levels. Just look at your replies to similar requests last year please!!

Ramprakash Ram Mohan

It was said “will be available as a free update to Luminar 3 upcoming year”. Now I realize it’s just bait to make us buy!!

Ken Korman

Kate, IPTC editing was promised for Luminar 3, as were versions. Now you are saying that IPTC will not even be included in the first release of L4, but possibly later in the year? This is a disturbing pattern of broken promises.

Ross Collins

@kate  What roadmap?

Hans-Dieter Mueller

@Kate Williams - Thanks for the response, Kate. I received a note from your collegue by eMail informing that my pre-order for Luminar 4 was cancelled by you/your service provider by unknown reasons. That's it - no further usefull information included in that eMail. Hence, my issue remains unresolved and requires more attention by Skylum.

> My order is cancelled by somebody/something in your area of responsiblity, bad enough. So, I expect immediate refund of the amount I paid for Lumina 4 to Skylum. This should go without saying - in the light of your service promises and money back guanrantee it is more than frustrating that I have to complain: Reimbursement is not executed yet. My order is cancelled but my money is kept by Skylum. This is unacceptable.

> Please initiate urgently and with priority reimbursement of paid Euro 49 to my bank account where it was deducted from days ago.

Thanks for caring and your effective support in advance -

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Hans-Diener, 

I am sorry for your experience. 

Could you please send your request to support as far as all the financial operations can be made only via support or our Financial Partner? 

Eric

@Kate re: "I'm afraid, at the moment, only performance/stability/compatibility updates are planned for Luminar 3. "

Um no, that was not the deal we signed up for. I purchased Luminar2018 under the promise of L3 having a fully featured library (that's the only difference between the two anyway). We're now 9 months in after the release of L3 and this application still doesn't do the most basic of tasks. Literally any simple image browser works better than L3, like this thing is not even capable of showing thumbnails properly. I mean, seriously?

Now L4 is about to be released (why, Skylum didn't have enough work to do on L3? What?) for an upgrade fee, without the promised features being implemented in L3 and Skylum's not "planning" to anymore. Well, isn't that convenient. Taking my money but not delivering on what was advertised. That's called False Advertisement or fraud. I'm sure the Better Business Bureau or other consumer watchdog agencies don't look at these kinds of practices too kindly.

I strongly hope that Skylum changes their "plans" as to what improvements are going to make it to L3. No issue with keeping the AI Sky Replacement in L4, that can be its separate thing. However, I'm looking to see the features that were promised in L3 or a free upgrade to L4 that includes those features.

Jim West

Folks, there is not a chance any of Skylum's current customers should be paying another cent to Skylum. New customers may or may not have better experience with Luminar 4,  but I have been let down too many times to ever go back. So I have moved on.

Trust me those of you looking for something more reliable...move on for your own sanity...you will get over your love/hate relationship with Skylum. She is like that gorgeous girl in high school that keeps leading you on but is all fluff and NO substance. She is a mirage!  

While ON1RAW 2019.6 may not be as sexy, they do what they advertise and LISTEN to their customers.They just came out yesterday with ANOTHER free upgrade to 2019.5. It is now even faster than before and for me officially replaced Adobe LR/PS yesterday! It is now on sale for $79.

You may still dream about what Luminar should and could have been but you will sleep a lot better with ON1RAW by your side!

Cheers!

Gilbert Brutsche

What can I say ?

Luminar - A lot of announcement and promises, but where is the delivery ?

oh yeah, just buy the next Upgrade .... (including new announcement and promises)

It`s time to move on. 

Welcome ON1PHOTO RAW

BYEBYE Luminar

Terry Rogers

Hi Gilbert! Luminar 3 will also receive a free update later this month. The upgrade to Luminar 4 is not mandatory as we will continue working on Luminar 3 as well.

Colin Grant

Just received an invitation to upgrade to L4 via pre-purchase but without knowing what is coming that cannot be on my agenda. However you do say in the email that L4 has  "a completely reimagined, reworked, and simplified interface". Does that mean the user interface will change from that currently used by L3 and if so how?

Please sign in to leave a comment.