L4 & DAM

Comments

19 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mark! Could you specify your request in a more detailed way? Are you referring to Libraries features? 
    Thee is no info on that yet. We will reveal more soon. Stay tuned!

Comment actions Permalink
    Mark Barnes

Yes, Libraries:

Versions/virtual copies

Compare

Keywords

Magic Magic Mouse issue

Image name under each thumbnail, not in the upper corner under info

In Edits:

Content aware brush

*Luminar is my favorite editing software as it is for many, but the functionality of the Libraries module needs work and forces me to use a competitors until its updated.

There have been a lot of suggestions in various threads. I'm the developers are aware/

chetan panchal

they are just not responding properly on these questions, there are so many threads and repetitive same questions.

hope someone answers them 

Kirk Osborn

Our tech team is working on features that were present in our roadmap. Those features will be implemented in our future releases such as Luminar 4. Please stay tuned.

Matt Suess

Hey @kirk so do you mean the features such as IPTC edit & sync, Virtual Copies, Lightroom Migration, and Search that were on your Roadmap even into April that were implied coming to Luminar 3 - these features are now coming to Luminar 4 instead? Don't you think people were buying Luminar 3 thinking they were getting these features for L3??

Tony Collins

Yes - all of those promised by the end of 2019 (And therefore in the L3 free update period). It's a good thing the internet never forgets, isn't it? :D

Max

Kirk,

you simply can’t be serious that those features promised for Luminar 3 will now be available as paid update? You guys advertised Luminar 2018 by offering a free upgrade to Luminar 3 with all those great features and now you want me to pay again to get what you promised in 2018?

I assume you just don’t want satisfied customers. Because otherwise you would not oversell and underperform constantly. This and screw your paying customers over and over and over again. This is basically how you create an angry internet mob. Congratulations!

Peter Gladstein

I have posted several roadmap clarification questions and the responses from Skylum are inconsistent and conflict with prior statements/responses. The responses from their support staff (actually I feel for these javelin catchers) are kind of like the Jabberwocky.

Vance Zachary

The obvious answer is that the developers at Skylum are finding it hard to keep to the posted schedule. They had to devote so much of their resources to addressing Luminar 3 stability and bug problems that they have found themselves unable to add all of the promised Roadmap features to Luminar 3 and we will have to wait until Luminar 4 or 5 to see them realized.

Software development has always been slower than even Skylum's own guidelines dictate and dealing with this company requires patience to avoid great frustration.

Kate Williams

Hi everyone,

Please note that we've shifted our focus - our main aim is to bring our customers a new value, an innovation, unique tools that were never seen before. With their help, photo editing will be even more simple and exciting.
    All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to implement Library enhancements in the future releases. Stay tuned!

Jos Vromen

Promises, promises, promises, and if they don't work out, no problem, we have a new excuse 

"Please note that we've shifted our focus"

and it's get even more sick when they tell us what the new focus is:

"our main aim is to bring our customers a new value, an innovation, unique tools that were never seen before."

so what did you do before!?

Vance Zachary

I do not work for Skylum. I am just a fellow user.

No company can sustain itself without a revenue stream. The path to get to a paid upgrade Luminar 4 is to add features not available in other comparable software. Many photographers will get excited about new Luminar capabilities and provide more revenue for Skylum than just to clone Lightroom--a project that has proven more time consuming than Skylum anticipated.

I just hope Skylum will get to add basic capabilities to Luminar 4 or 5 like focus stacking, virtual copies, panorama capability, plug in support for other software for Windows like Aurora HDR, Affinity, Nik collection, etc., compare, keywords, search features and improve existing features such as dehaze, etc. Full Windows mac parity would also be nice.

I appreciate effort to think out of box but the software needs some of the basic features mentioned above to satisfy more potential standalone users.

Bill Endicott

Luminar has made it extremely clear they have absolutely no idea of where they are going.  And once they decide they will change it shortly.  A lot like the old weather joke "If you don't like the weather, stick around it'll change".  

I have decided to only purchase based on what is ACTUALLY available.  I really like Luminar Flex and use it quite often.  The DAM needs a lot of work to become usable, so Luminar 3 just sits.  I could care less about fake skies, so Luminar 4 is a no purchase until something worthwhile is announced (Like most the items on the road map!).  

I like Luminar, it is a good product - just a bit (or rather extremely) flaky!  The management that is!

Collin Moore

I guess they shifted away from the features that were on the roadmap for L3.

At this point, I'll be shifting my dollars to other products and companies.

Nigel Baker

Hmm, think I will be sticking to Luminar 3 & Lightroom for the foreseeable future :(

Miguel Campos

I think Skylum needs to understand this.

If you promised features in the next version to lure customers to purchase the upgrade and then decide to remove those features; you need to confront this head on and offer apologies and perhaps a consolation prize such as free upgrades, etc. 

"Shifting" the focus is not a good way to address the customer's concerns.

I like the product very much, I hope it keeps growing so that I can make it my only editing tool, I wish Skylum success and that the company can get through the growing pains without too many scars.

Bill Endicott

"I hope it keeps growing so that I can make it my only editing tool"

This was my hope as well.  SkyLum keeps coming very close and then starts "Shifting" the focus.  Capture One and OnOne have done a good job at being a Lightroom replacement/competitor and perhaps with this SkyLum just no longer wants to compete even after they have come so close! 

With Luminar 3 SkyLum is much easier to learn and faster to use than any of the others.  The DAM has only a few flaws that with a little work would surpass the other three.  Instead SkyLum would rather focus on gimmicks over real tools.  I wanted to dump Lightroom in the worst way, but now Luminar will continue to be "just a plugin".

Mark Barnes

I use ON1 Photo RAW 2019.6 for my DAM and Luminar 3 and/or Flex to edit. If Skylum would just copy what ON1 does it would be perfect coupled with their editing tools. Interesting thing is, if you edit in ON1 and save, the edits are there in L3 DAM as both use the Pictures folder on my Mac. Best of both worlds? :}

Andy H

Yay! The famous Luminar 3 roadmap. The one they kept changing because they could never deliver anything on time - so rather than double down and deliver, hey, why not just change the roadmap - no-one will notice, right?! 

The Library module is just a browser, nothing more, nothing less. I seriously doubt there will ever be any improvements to it as Skylum will again "shift their focus" to the next AI filter that no-one really needs and complete Luminar's transformation into Photolemur Pro.

Please sign in to leave a comment.