Can't Install Aurora HDR 2019 as Plug-in to Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jerome,

Please try reinstalling the Aurora HDR plugin.

1. Open Aurora HDR 2019 as a standalone (make sure Photoshop Elements is closed)
    2. Go to the Aurora HDR 2019 menu and choose Install Plugins
    3. Toggle the button to uninstall and then reinstall the PSE Plugin.
    4. Quit Aurora HDR 2019 and restart your computer
    5. Open PSE and try again to access Aurora HDR 2019 as a plugin. 

If the issue persists, please contact us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to investigate further.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jerome Simon

Angela, I'm afraid that you misunderstood my problem, and your suggestion does not work. I cannot "toggle the button to uninstall and then reinstall the PSE plugin" as you suggest, because the plugin could not be installed in the first place. For some reason Aurora HDR cannot recognize that PSE 2019 is on my Mac. From the very beginning after I purchased Aurora HDR there has been a PSE logo on the "Install Plugins" screen, but the "Install" button is inactive and a message next to the logo states "You must install this software first". In other words, Aurora HDR fails to recognize that PSE is in fact already installed. Hence it won't install a plugin to an app that it erroneously thinks doesn't exist. But PSE 2019 DOES exist on the computer!  How can this be resolved?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jerome,

Please accept my apology for misunderstanding the problem. Manually installing the plugin should help:

1. Make sure Photoshop Elements is closed.
    2. Click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/AuroraHDR2019/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is AuroraHDR2019Plugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements/Support Files/Plug-ins/Filters
    4. Copy AuroraHDR2019Plugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.

Let me know how it goes.

Jerome Simon

Problem solved! Angela, your instructions worked beautifully and I now finally have the plugin to PSE. Many thanks -- much appreciated 

Angela Andrieux

You're very welcome, Jerome! Please let me know if you have any other questions. Have an awesome weekend!

Please sign in to leave a comment.