Werden "Alte" Probleme (Magic Mouse, Performance,...) in Luminar 4 behoben oder wird auch auf später vertröstet

Comments

9 comments

Terry Rogers

Hi Wolfgang! We've been collecting and processing artists' feedback and feature requests for quite some time, and came up with a conclusion that people love easy-to-use tools and automatic enhancements. We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority. New Luminar 4 will have lots of tools that will allow you to create beautiful photos by moving just one slider. Luminar 4 is going to be more intuitive, logical and concise. Please stay tuned to know more about the upcoming features.
    We are not giving up on Luminar 3, we are going to continue supporting this app in terms of performance and compatibility. By the way, the nearest update is coming within a few weeks. We don't abandon our plans to implement new Library enhancements, we concentrate on things that are in high demand by our customers.

Comment actions Permalink
    K.G. Wuensch

Really? A rehashed statement not addressing the issues that the OP was asking for? Sorry guys, if the software doesn't work then you need to fix it - fast. Not taking months addressing a critical issue which makes use of the software impossible! And all that AI junk you can keep for yourselves. It's not working (but then again what you present isn't AI, it's normal programmed functions that have as much to do with AI as making a handstand on a crocodiles back has to do with training to be a pilot)!

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Terry,

danke für deine Antwort, aber sorry das war ja eigentlich keine Antwort auf meine Fragen, sondern nur wieder mal eine Ankündigung was irgendwann kommen soll und wahrscheinlich niemand von uns genervten Kunden brauchen wird. Ich werde jedenfalls sicher nicht vorweg für etwas bezahlen solange meine bezahlte Version nicht so funktioniert wie sie damals angekündigt wurde. 

Terry Rogers

Hi Wolfgang! Luminar 3 will still be supported completely free of charge regardless of whether you purchase Luminar 4 or not. The next update 3.1.3 is planned for August this year and it will address the performance and stability issues. Luminar 4 is an innovative program that will be offered to the owners of previous versions of Luminar at a discounted price, however, buying it to receive updates for Luminar 3 is not mandatory: feel free to contact us via https://skylum.com/support if you need any help with Luminar 3.

Wolfgang Jarcik

Hi Terry,

danke für deine Antwort, eine entscheidende Frage für mich bleibt noch, nämlich wird mit dem Update im August L3 auch endlich das Problem mit der Magic Mouse behoben? 

Tony Collins

Good God

It's like trying to get an answer out of a politician :-)

Please, Sklum. Just answer the question. Will Magic mouse be fixed in L3? A one word answer will suffice.

Terry Rogers

Hi Wolfgang and Tony! Yes, Magic mouse will be fixed in Luminar 3 in our future updates, but we don't have an ETA yet. Nevertheless, we are aware of this issue and how important it is to you:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360047231451

Jos Vromen

So the answer is : “ maybe sometimes, but who knows”. This won’t help you but I think Lielum needs money. So they gave us the option to pay for promises that might turn to be lies. For me reading this forum and my experience with their software made me choose for other software. Next will be the cloud and that’s something I do not like. What I noticed during my software search is that Luminar isn’t that good at all. Most of the other software is faster, better and more stable. Of course YMMV.

Klaus Frei

It's rather painful how Terry tries to avoid a simple question. I was very excited once Luminar came into the market but Luminar 3 would be fine as probably Luminar 4 is too, but as long as you don't solve the problem with the magic mouse it's a more or less useless tool on a mac. Besides: many of the "Luminar Looks Collection" create artefacts except you reduce the strenght. Still I like it and hope it will work fine once in the future - before it's sold to Adobe.

I like to join the statements of my forerunners: as long as you do not solve the main problems it's not worth to work on new filters or AI. What we need is rather a tool to work with not a "play station".

Please sign in to leave a comment.