Luminar and/or Flex!

Comments

10 comments

Kate Williams

Hi, 

Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex have always been two different products with different development plans. However, we've decided to incorporate the best features of both in Luminar 4. 

Therefore, Luminar 4 is considered as an upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex, i.e. you will be able to use both as a standalone and a plugin or extension. All the brand-new AI-powered features like AI Sky Replacement will be unique to Luminar 4.

As a Flex owner, you are entitled to a special upgrade price. Nevertheless, to upgrade or not is your decision. We'll continue to support Flex and Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jos Vromen

So this is the end of Flex, than I know what to do, thanks and bye, bye Skylum!

Terry Rogers

Hi Jos! This isn't the end of Luminar Flex: why would we cancel a successful product right after releasing a 1.1 update? Flex will be further supported along with Luminar 3 and we will recommend to use it as a plugin.

Jos Vromen

Kate wrote :"

Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex have always been two different products with different development plans. However, we've decided to incorporate the best features of both in Luminar 4

Therefore, Luminar 4 is considered as an upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex, i.e. you will be able to use both as a standalone and a plugin or extension."

So why buy Flex? 

Terry Rogers

Hi Jos! Luminar Flex is recommended as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom CC, Photoshop Elements and Apple Photos. Luminar Flex does not have quick editing function or library features as it has no catalog option. Many our users do not want to have Luminar with libraries if all they need is a plugin with presets. Please note that Luminar Flex is free of charge for you if you own Luminar 2018 or purchased Luminar 3 before April 2019.

Jos Vromen

are you kidding me (us)? 

Kate explained 4 hours earlier that Skylum has decided to incopreate the best features of both in Luminar 4!

Luminar 4 can also, just as Flex being used as plugin or extension. 

so Luminar 4 can do what Flex can do, with the best features of both. Flex doesn't have the best features.

and "Therefore, Luminar 4 is considered as an upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex"

seems clear to me and Skylum's different reactions makes clear it's a mess there!

Anastasia Davis

Hi Jos! I am sorry if my colleague Terry confused you.
    Kate is absolutely right. Luminar 4 is a universal upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. Thus, this is the version which will be recommended to use as a plugin or extension. 
    As for Luminar Flex, it will be updated in terms of compatibility. 

Jos Vromen

I think you mean that Luminar 4 is an universal update for both Luminar 3 and Flex.
    Who is confusing who now?

Guy Meacham

Long term planning meetings at Skylum must be a lot of fun :) 

Seems to be a complete 180 change in direction form the release of Flex was released just a few months ago!

Jos Vromen

in any case, the people who think it out are laughable

Please sign in to leave a comment.