Luminar 4, how cool is that!!!

Comments

6 comments

Darryl Nousome

Definitely disappointed when Luminar 3 barely works. Consistently force closing in Windows and performance is pretty bad, even on a ryzen 2600.
    At the price you're paying you would have had a year of Adobe anyway...

Comment actions Permalink
    Rob Strower

They are "trying" the market.

If enough people buy it they got the deal.

Not me I am afraid,

Robin

Bill Endicott

Personally I am not impressed.  Skylum could use their development time on more important things.  It is still not 100% on PC and Flex still does not work with Capture One, just for a couple items i would deem MUCH MORE important than some other gimmick like fake sky lines.  I love how Luminar works, but I question their judgement quite often.  Maybe it's just me, but I would definitely go in a different direction that what I am seeing here.

Ralf Rosemeyer

I like (like) Luminar too, the working method is great for beginners like me.
    But releasing a version (3), promising a lot and not delivering, not even delivering the basic functions or programming without errors is a great impudence. With me it is no longer usable, after each update I need hours until it runs again and then go no more than 2 or 3 pictures. Then crash and always the same "report that to the support" ...
    I can not hear it anymore, because nobody answers anyway and goes to the points but only standard answers (if one comes).

A. M.

Angela from the Skylum team stated:

Luminar 4 will be a paid upgrade. However, it is completely optional. We will continue to support Luminar 3 in terms of performance and compatibility after the Luminar 4 launch.

But: for how long will this promise to support Luminar 3 be kept? Will we see longer Luminar 3 support than three or six months? And even if Skylum claims *yes, longterm support* can they do that, do they have real control over their software development process? At least the Luminar 3 release history makes a lot of customers like me think like that they can't. So does anyone believe that they can handle THE WAY MORE COMPLICATED WORK WITH TWO MAJOR VERSIONS OF LUMINAR PARALLEL GIVEN THEY CAN'T EVEN HANDLE A SINGLE VERSION AND SHIP CORRECT RELEASES WITHOUT ADDITIONAL BUGS IN LUMINAR??? (I EVEN THINK IT WOULD BE BETTER FOR SKYLUM TO ONLY HAVE ONE VERSION OF LUMINAR, TWO MIGHT BREAK THEIR NECK).

Remembering: I decided to buy Luminar 3 upfront because of the promise, that it would be overwhelming. Luminar has some really nice and cool features, that made a lot of us say, wow! But starting with the launch of Luminar 3 all buyers know, that skylum didn't rock the world, every update only brings a bunch of new problems, the software doesn't start, is slow, can't handle many pictures, crashes, and so on. To be equal to competitors Skylum did try to implement image browsing, too, which was a good promise again to many customers like me, but doesn't it look like it was a far too complex goal for the Skylums development team, given the many bugs reported releated with image browsing?

And now the best offer is to tell customers to buy Luminar once again, at a slightly reduced price only for the first 20'000 so called customers, and of course the offer once again is combined with useless gimmicks for the most of us, instead of offering a real upgrade price. No word about all of this in the blog. Thats good communcation!

Skylum seems to really love their customers ;-)

Also, am I wrong, that the links to the cummunity forum on the homepage were removed? Why?

Ralf Rosemeyer

I can not say it better

Please sign in to leave a comment.