Luminar 4 upgrade

Comments

38 comments

Leon Backland

I reported the same issue.

I also tried to pre-order using the Chrome browser on my Android smartphone. I get the same non-result, but on Chrome mobile the order form displays the number of remaining copies, which was 18,299 as of 14:22 EDT (Canada) today.

Comment actions Permalink
    Leon Backland

I really should take this as a sign not to bother with Luminar 4, but I'm a victim of technology impulse buying :)

Jeremy Dinn

Yeah it won't go through. I know they are robbing me, but like you I'm just going to buy it for the chance I'll get more upgrades and because I'm impulsive.

Leon Backland

Perhaps today, coincidentally, Skylum signed-off on a new code of ethics binding them not to sell any more software until it can at least pass Alpha testing.

Bwwaaa-haaa-ha!

Jeremy Dinn

Lol, I doubt that, they couldn't spell ethics. The makers of this product would rob your grandma of her last dollar. I just love some of the features and hate Lightroom more than I hate Luminar. They are lucky their bigger evil brother or sister Adobe exists.

Larry Moore

Same as everyone else. I have just tried to sign up for the pre-release without success. I actually have been quite please with Luminar 3 and Flex. 

Larry Moore

Link is now working.

Carmen Mazza

Yes II was just able to purchase the pre-order.

Leon Backland

@Larry Moore, thanks for the heads up. I successfully completed my order.

Now I just have to keep my fingers and toes crossed and pray that Luminar 4 is demonstrably more reliable and responsive than 3.x

**cough**

Jeremy Dinn

Yes, it's a go.

Guy Meacham

You guys have a lot more faith tha I do! I'm predicting Luminar 3 with some added AI gimmicks but other wise the same old same old.

I don't intend to spend any of my money to find out though!

Mark Armstrong

The sad part is I didn’t even get the email offer to upgrade my version that is 3 weeks old

Matt Brown

Return it under the 60 return policy.

Ralf Rosemeyer

haha, do not even get that out ... sorry but i can not help but laugh

Angela Andrieux

Hi Everyone,

If you're still having trouble with the pre-order, please contact us at support@skylum.com and we'll be happy to help.

Harry Conte

Other than Sky Replacement AI what enhancements are being made to it to encourage me to buy it.  L3 was a dog and I much prefer L-Flex.  Is L-flex going to be upgraded as well?

Bryan Drum

Free upgrades through 2019? Is this true? https://skylum.com/blog/new-luminar-with-libraries-no-paid-upgrades-and-more

Kate Williams

@Harry, AI Sky Replacement is not the only feature that will come to Luminar 4 and more announcements will follow in August-September-October-November. A number of things will be unique to Luminar, so we'll be gradually revealing this information. 
    What we can say now is that we will provide the best possible experience to those customers who use Luminar (Luminar Flex) as a plug-in and those who use it as a standalone product (Luminar 3). Thus, Luminar 4 is considered as an upgrade for both Luminar 3 and Luminar 4 and will incorporate all the features of these two programs. 
    Please stay tuned!

@Bryan, the article refers to the free upgrade from Luminar 2018 to Luminar 3. All our Luminar 2018 users received a free copy of Luminar 3, and later on, of Luminar Flex.

Moreover, the article says "there will be no paid updates for Luminar until late 2019 at the earliest", which is true as well. 

Luminar 4 is an upgrade that will be released at the end of the year (late fall). In the meantime, we'll continue to support Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex in terms of performance and compatibility. The next Luminar 3 update will drop within a few weeks. 

Les Cornwell

Does anyone have the link for the upgrade?  I deleted the email with the link. I know, i must be mad but i may just give them one last chance...

Anastasia Davis

Hi Les! I have sent you a link to your email address. 

Dan Worland

Yea I’m not holding my breath and jumping in till I hear the reviews. I bought the 2018 package and got the free upgrade to v3.0. I had some really bad experiences with the catalog system that sold me in the first place. Took 10 days of back and forth emails to make the software even usable after the catalog crashed. I’ll let the other guys bata test this upgrade.

I really hope this is more then the Microsoft model of releasing bad code and then charging to fix it.

Fred Peatross

I made the plunge and purchased Luminar 4 yesterday. But what happens to Luminar Flex when I eventually move to Luminar 4? Another purchase? I hope not! 

Anastasia Davis

Hi Fred! Luminar 4 will be a universal upgrade for both Luminar Flex and Luminar 3. Thus, it will imply both plugin and standalone functionality. 

Sam C

You're not missing much. I've paid and been upgraded and it's buggy.

In a few hours it's already crashed at least 5 times, while simply editing a a few photos.

it also gets those luminar catalogs (even after everyone asked for sidecars) and "upgades" them (which also doesn't work)....by upgrading it....it copies it, so now instead of having one, I now have two luminar catalogs....one for Luminar 3 and one for Luminar 4....one is 5gb and the other is 33gb....

This software is a joke....don't even think about wasting your money upgrading.

Elena Blum

Hi Sam,

We would kindly ask you to avoid using inappropriate language to interact with the Skylum community. 

If you have any issues with Luminar 4, please contact our support team and we will do our best to assist you https://skylum.com/support

Matt Brown

Where is the inappropriate language? Surely you can't consider an acronym as inappropriate language.

Unless you are sensitive to the word 'joke' cos it is often used to describe Luminar perhaps?

I think Sam did well to keep the post appropriate given how many of us feel from having tried to use L3 and L4. Maybe spend more resources reviewing the performance of your product rather than reviewing and over policing an obviously passionate post that is doing everyone a community service.

Les Cornwell

Inappropriate language?? Surely you're joking unless you mean 'Luminar' is inappropriate?

As Matt says above, try to spend more time on improving the performance of Luminar & less on over-hyped marketing and criticizing customers...

Elena Blum

Hi, we had to correct the post, because of the member being rude!

Martin Ische

This software is certainly not a joke and I hope that when the trouble is gone, the view becomes clearer again. Because the results are still very good and I think it's worth investing ideas and suggestions.
    Of course I am just as angry and have already expressed this in several comments. But it should be as objective as possible.

Matt Brown

I will return to objective commentary as soon as something is done to address performance over new (in my opinion tacky) features. While I understand that a software company thinks that shiny new features will drive sales, they fail to understand that if a user isn't able to access said features they aren't going to stay long. Some people have been waiting more than a year for the 'trouble to be gone'. The anger of the jaded users is only as strong as skylum's lack of respect for their customers through months and months of lip service to an obvious (systemic) problem with their software.

Please sign in to leave a comment.