Luminar 4 Pre-Order

Comments

31 comments

Jos Vromen

Same here, hope this isn't a sign of the quality of 4 . . . .

Comment actions Permalink
    Tim Horne

It is happening here and I have reported it as well.

Michael Anderson

Says to me no one tested the website before it was published.    Also note that in the News section there is no announcement of Luminar 4.   And yet, you bet the press release and and videos are on Youtube.    

Thomas Sarver

Same here, also reported the issue.

Nick Barber

Same here - reported via the contact page and also via Twitter.

Carmen Mazza

Issue appears to be resolved I was just able to purchase the pre-order.

Paul Oles

Had same problem reported above. Just retried and was able to complete the pre-order

Mike Lee

I'm just sad to see so many people actually pre-ordering the new version. I guess we all get to decide individually where our money goes, but man... helping to fund a new version of software when the current version doesn't function as-promised for the majority of users just seems crazy.

Particularly when they promised just a short while ago that there would be no paid upgrades until ("at least") the end of 2019. What's one more lie, at this point, I guess?

Andrew Hewitt

Seriously guys?

You want us to pay for another upgrade - again (despite advertising as 'buy once, enjoy forever'), yet you still haven't delivered what I paid for in November 2017.

Sorry, but that's bye bye, and probably many unfavourable comments in various forums.

I've been keeping Luminar 3 on my Mac in a vain hope that it might eventually meet the promises made, but this announcement clearly wipes all that away. I'm certainly not going to keep paying you lot to supply incomplete software, and carry on waiting on broken promises.

I'll probably be deleting all Skylum software off my system now. 

Terran Ambrosone

Just curious, can we get a refund on the previous version of Luminar that doesn't work as intended so we can purchase L4, in the hopes it is a complete product? I have promoted this software, and believed the promises of a working dam and more. It was my understanding that all updates through 2019 would be free in order for Skylum to be able to get feedback and get the program working optimally. Looks more like L3 is being abandoned without being repaired. Very sad and disappointed. I really like several of the editing tools, but I'm not spending any more money or recommending this program any longer. I simply can't, in good conscience. 

Susan Wiethorn

looks like the page has been taken down.

anyone have a link?

Jos Vromen

Sorry, but did remove them, no more Luminar 3 for me, maybe Flex, although I’m not sure.

K.G. Wuensch

You are better off learning something with a future...

Jos Vromen

I think you’re right. Luckily I only used Luminar 3 for curiosity, but noticed soon that making promisses isn’t that difficult . . . I would never count on Skylum for paid work. Reliability is needed for professional software, Skylum seems to like making toys!

Andrew Hewitt

Very much my thoughts too. I have also now deleted everything MacPhun/Skylum.

I'm sad really, as Luminar 3 was capable of producing excellent results, even for basic photo editing, as well as the more creative stuff.

However, I feel that I don't want to invest my time and learning into something that has such an uncertain future, and unreliable roadmap. I don't know what map they use, but I think the compass is near a moving ferrous object.

It's getting too much now with it all, everything from buggy software, to unfulfilled functionality promises, and continuous poor marketing such as buy a licence once forever, only to find that software is abandoned, renamed and then charged for again - take a look at what Topaz have been doing.

Otherwise, go the whole hog, and just charge a subscription, it'd be much fairer and more honest.

But, for now, it's bye to it all, many of us have been waiting for nearly two years for the promised features and stability - I refuse to pay more for another app that 'might' get them, let alone part with any money before you supply a working product.

Despite all that, I still wish you all the best, and hope you can eventually get it together.

Deborah Hinter

ATTN: Luminar/Skylum ADMIN

I feel so disappointed after reading all the comments over the past couple days.  I jumped the gun and paid for the preorder for L4 without first considering all factors.

Now I see a comment posted by a Skylum Employee:

"

Hi everyone,

Please note that we've shifted our focus - our main aim is to bring our customers a new value, an innovation, unique tools that were never seen before. With their help, photo editing will be even more simple and exciting.
    All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to implement Library enhancements in the future releases. Stay tuned!"

I sure feel like I have been completely led down the garden path.  Shifted Focus? New unique tools instead of DAM?  All about editing not the Library functions we all bought into Luminar for in the past year.  My goodness, what are you thinking Skylum?  Why would you keep posting misleading statements?  And why am I so lax, that I didn't see this before giving you my money?  I would like to CANCEL my pre-order for L4.  Can someone from Skylum please direct me how to do this?  I can't in good conscience support your company any longer.   

Helena Carter

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please, kindly note that it doesn't mean that we won't improve Luminar 4 Library Part. It just means that we're presenting some new and amazing editing tools. It goes without saying that Library stability and overall performance are to be improved and our developers are working around the clock on this. Still, we respect your decision, so if you'd like to cancel your purchase, please, reach us via

https://skylum.com/support

Tony Collins

Again - worried.

You only mention performance and stability for the Library. What about metadata editing and search, printing, virtual copies, stable moving of image files between drives, etc etc?

A year after release it is staggering that these basics are still not present. You need to ensure they are present at first release of L4 if I am to stay with you here.

Like many here I was enticed by your marketing of a DAM as a lightroom alternative. I never expected anywhere near all the features of lightroom, but at the moment the asset management facilities are not fit for purpose.

I love your editing tools, but without decent DAM/Library features, L3 (and L4) are useless to me.

Kirk Osborn

We are going to add the support of IPTC metadata and the search tool in Luminar 3 with the future updates. Please stay tuned.

Tony Collins

Hi Kirk

I'm asking about L4. I've given up on the hope of ever having the basics in L3. But L4 - will it be able to print (what is the point of great image editing if I can't print my creations?). Will I be able to move images from one drive to another without losing edits. Will I have image search from launch? Virtual copies? (all promised for L3)

You can have all the great AI tools you like, but if the basics are not in place, they are not much use for anyone who wants a standalone tool.

Alterntively - give me the option of doing non destructive editing/re-editing as a plug in (see my posts in feature requests) and I can then continue to use lightroom as DAM and L4 as fantastic editor.

Current situation is worst of both worlds.

Jos Vromen

They said here on the forum that with L4 there are no updates for the DAM. Maybe later. But since you haven't give up the hope spend that 50 dollar but don't expect anything. (and i Think they really need that money, paying for something that ain't ready yet and they even can't talk about . . . .}

But of course YMMV

Tony Collins

I've pre-ordered to get the best price. But if the facilities I need are not available at launch I will be cancelling. No more "jam tomorrow" promises for me.

Jos Vromen

Write down that price, I won't be surprised that there will be more " final offers", as they always do. But fingers crossed, let's hope they don't go broke . . . .

Olha Rowles

Hi Tony, our developers are working hard on making Luminar better, faster, more stable and user-friendly. We're planning to add the features you've mentioned, but currently, there's no ETA for that. 

Tony Collins

Which has been the message since L3 was launched, and they've never made it into L3.

Can you tell me why I should believe they'll ever be in L4, if they are not there at launch?

Mike Lee

C'mon now Tony.... when you can replace an entire sky with one slider, why would you ever need to manage your photo files reliably, or print your photos? AN ENTIRE SKY, Tony!

Jos Vromen

This is great, I'm going to like this forum!

Tony Collins

@Mike Lee :-) Thanks - sometimes you just need to laugh.

Andrew Hewitt

Skylum guys, come on, really, you have to stop with the promises now. At least you've been honest enough to not state an ETA, but it's got beyond a joke now. Almost two years we've been seeing such promises. You really need to start delivering.

It's very clear that you're diluting your resources far too much with all the projects your handling right now - with a new Luminar 4 in development, the release of Flex, the addition of Photolemur, and you still haven't yet delivered the Luminar 3 we were promised.

Too many times now I've bought products from you and been left abandoned. What happened? You used to make excellent products.

Susan Wiethorn

<--Sitting down and watching thread with big glass of wine and some snacks......

Please sign in to leave a comment.