Keep Flex open and a few other Lightroom integration points

Comments

3 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on Luminar Flex! I'll be happy to share your suggestions with our developers.

As for a few of your questions - Creating a TIFF file from Lr > Flex > Lr gives you a lossless copy of the image with your edits from Flex which you can continue to edit in Lightroom or other plugins if you prefer. If, however, you're completely done with your edits you can export the TIFF from Lr as a JPG and then re-import it back into your library and delete the TIFF file. I know it is tedious, but it can save space on your drive if that is a concern.

With regard to your use of the Lr Library - there are many different ways to organize files in Lr. I personally only use collections when I have finished work (i.e. after I've done my culling and editing). When I cull I use the "P" for pick and "X" for reject shortcuts and then edit my picks. Later I'll add them to collections if necessary. It is completely up to you if you want to keep star ratings on your unedited and edited versions. I personally only use the star ratings at the very end to mark my very best work (things that will ultimately end up in my website portfolio or will be sent to a client). 

To iterate your Luminar Edits, go into the Library module and then scroll down on the right to the Metadata tab. In that area you'll see a field for Copy Name. I now use that field to note which app(s) I've used in my workflow - so you can denote Luminar Flex if you find that helpful.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if I can clarify anything for you. Have a great day!

Comment actions Permalink
    Rob O'Keefe

Not sure I follow on Luminar Edits. I meant to continue on with one photo and pick up where I left off in Luminar Flex. I think currently it makes a whole new (huge) TIFF correct? But its not non-destructive editing on the TIFF is it?

And then I could i guess delete the previous one.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Rob,

You are correct in that when taking a photo from Lightroom > Luminar Flex > Lightroom the changes are then baked into that TIFF. You cannot go back into Luminar Flex and re-adjust the sliders.

Another option, if you have Photoshop is to make use of the Smart Object Workflow. From Lightroom go to Photo > Edit In > Open As A Smart Object in Photoshop. Then, in Photoshop you'll be able to apply Luminar Flex as a filter that is re-editable.

Please sign in to leave a comment.