Comments

13 comments

Bill Endicott

"although it will appear in an update down the road."   Yes, just like the Version 3 road map, that was promised and completely implemented! (NOT)  !?!?!?!!!!  Instead we get sky replacement - How about bringing Windows Luminar up to Apple Luminar standards just for a start?  How about Flex for Capture One/Affinity etc?  How about Panorama capability?  There are SO MANY things needed over sky replacement I don't know where to begin.

Yes it is understood SkyLum is not a large company, so developer time should be used for something useful, not gimmicks.

Comment actions Permalink
    Greg Luckett

Don't worry Kim, it will probably be in Luminar 5 so you can pay to get that feature then. LOL

Tomas Nilsén

Nice to see that new functions is "in the works"

But a big slap in the face for wi does ppl that don't have a proper working luminar 3.

Well the money seems to be more important than have a happy costumer base.

And if I read I saw one 48$ upgrade from v3 to v4

This make me really angry. Will absolutely stop using this software and go back to Lightroom.

This is really bad, really bad skylim!

Guy M

It's pretty disgraceful that the features promised for Luminar 3 will not be coming. Us Windows users also have a buggy mess of a program right now, that does not have parity with the Mac version.

What's more, Luminar 3 purchasers were promised all updates until the end of 2019. We were told there would be no new program until at least then, and that was just a bold-faced lie.

Skylum are just showing what kind of company they are, and it doesn't promote brand loyalty at all.

Kim Austin

Also in the Fstoppers article, this:  "There are a few things missing from this first try at sky replacement. While the software will have a collection of skies, most photographers prefer to use their own. This version will not support that, although it will appear in an update down the road."

So you advertise this as the big whistle, but neglect to mention that for however long it takes Skylum to update, we can only use your skies.

A comment on that in the article:  "Sounded awesome. Right up until the point of "you can't use your own skies". So, basically, it's a gimmick not a real feature at all... wait until every pro has released 12 images each of the same sky and see the Instagram row that creates."

Bill Endicott

"We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority."

BIG MISTAKE!!!!! Granted Luminar3 is 80% there with the DAM, but we need the DAM completed.  The Road Map had necessary required features in it - Road Map out the window???!!!  There is a MULTITUDE of required features before Luminar becomes a viable post-process tool.  New gimmicks just don't cut it.  We need an adobe replacement - not a toy.

You REALLY need a new collection of "processing artists" - the ones you're listening to now are leading you down a primrose path.  As much as I love Luminar & especially Flex, I've decided no more SkyLum for me until Skylum gets serious about what we need.

Greg Luckett

It would be nice if someone from Skylum would give a real response instead of the canned "we talked to artists to get their feedback." What about plain old photographers, do we not count? We want tools that work, and let us do the tasks we need to do - not replace a sky with one of your stock sky photos. I see exactly where your customers stand and will no longer support your company. It's very convenient that On1 has a special going on that is about the same as your limited upgrade price and they already seem to be a viable Lightroom alternative as opposed to Luminar.

Guy M

The funny thing is, when I was purchasing Luminar 3, I read over the forum (as I was new to Luminar), and saw people complaining that Luminar 3 was a brand new product, that Luminar 2018 wasn't finished and was still buggy, that the release of Luminar 3 was shoddy.... I decided I needed a program like Luminar so went with it anyway, guessing this would happen in the future. So, on the one hand, it's not at all shocking that Skylum have done exactly the same thing this time around. On the other, it's really poor they didn't learn from their previous mistakes.

What's worse is there are people on this forum complaining, saying they don't trust Skylum, don't like what they are doing... but are pre-ordering Luminar 4 anyway because they "find it hard to say no". Just don't buy it until Skylum show some loyalty and integrity to their customers!

David Roe

AMAZING they even admit it will NOT let you use your own sky right off the bat.

An update.....

The same update we are waiting to fix L3 and if so how much money will you suck out of those that believe the company line?

I think it is time that either you show some loyalty and fix the mess they created with L3. 

No more cash -  if it means they disappear and go out of business then the only people they need to blame are themselves.

Deborah Hinter

ATTN: Luminar/Skylum ADMIN

I feel so disappointed after reading all the comments over the past couple days.  I jumped the gun and paid for the preorder for L4 without first considering all factors.

Now I see a comment posted by a Skylum Employee:

"

Hi everyone,

Please note that we've shifted our focus - our main aim is to bring our customers a new value, an innovation, unique tools that were never seen before. With their help, photo editing will be even more simple and exciting.
    All our plans pertain to Luminar as a universal editing platform, so we'll be sure to implement Library enhancements in the future releases. Stay tuned!"

I sure feel like I have been completely led down the garden path.  Shifted Focus? New unique tools instead of DAM?  All about editing not the Library functions we all bought into Luminar for in the past year.  My goodness, what are you thinking Skylum?  Why would you keep posting misleading statements?  And why am I so lax, that I didn't see this before giving you my money?  I would like to CANCEL my pre-order for L4.  Can someone from Skylum please direct me how to do this?  I can't in good conscience support your company any longer.   

Angela Andrieux

Hi Deborah,

While our focus is shifting more toward unique and innovative processing tools, we are certainly not abandoning the asset manager. We'll be adding new functionality there as well. However, if you'd like to request a refund for your pre-order you can do so at www.skylum.com/support.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Kim!

Although this option will not be available in the initial version of Luminar 4, you will be able to upload and use your own skies in the future.

Kirk Osborn

We've been collecting and processing artists' feedback and feature requests for quite some time, and came up with a conclusion that people love easy-to-use tools and automatic enhancements. We decided to make the development of new AI features our top priority. New Luminar 4 will have lots of tools that will allow you to create beautiful photos by moving just one slider. Luminar 4 is going to be more intuitive, logical and concise. Please stay tuned to know more about the upcoming features.

We are not giving up on Luminar 3, we are going to continue supporting this app in terms of performance and compatibility. By the way, the nearest update is coming within a few weeks. We don't abandon our plans to implement new Library enhancements, we concentrate on things that are in high demand by our customers.

Please sign in to leave a comment.