Can't sync cropping and image layers anymore?

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Robert Lancaster

For another example,  I have a whole bunch of pictures of a bear where I would want to crop them all about the same to look through them and see which ones I like.  It would be far more tedious to crop them all individually.  I would prefer to sync the crop to all the images.  I may have to adjust some of them a little later, but it is a good starting point

Comment actions Permalink
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on the sync adjustments feature. I will be sure to pass your suggestions to our developers for their consideration. I can see how the option of also syncing crop, clone/erase, etc. would be quite useful in certain situations.

Robert Lancaster

And don't forget one of the more important ones, syncing added image layers.  As I explained above, this is a surprisingly useful feature.

Kate Williams

@Robert - sure, that was forwarded as well. We truly value your desire to make Luminar better! Thank you. 

Michael Nielsen

I am also looking forward to sync layer possibility. It is a much needed addition to an otherwise useful program.

I use it to subtract a calibration frame in multiple images and doing this on each individual frame is very tedious to say the least.

Elena Blum

Hi Michael,

Indeed this is not yet implemented in Luminar, but I can understand how this feature can be needed. We'll pass the request to our tech team.

Jim Nance

To be honest, I don't see how having the ability to copy and past or sync cropping adjustments has yet to be included in Luninar after four versions.  Seriously?  

Maximilian Schöne

Hey Robert,

this exactly what I also thought! It would be so awesome if Luminar would synch all the Layers.
    I would have thought, that way more people would like to have this awesome synch feature expanded towards this.

Cheers

Max

Robert Lancaster

Well the crazy part is that Luminar HAD this feature before!!  It got removed when they did an update.  They probably thought it was a bug.  But it was a useful feature :-(

Margaret Bright

Hi guys,

I have forwarded your feedback to our team. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this!

Marcello Macedo

Hi People,
    I used the trial version and finally bought the Luminar 4.
    The software is ok, and just "Ok" for a very specific reason.
    It does cool things very well, like the AI Sky replacement and some adjustment tools. Still, when looking for a serious contender for Lightroom or PhotoRaw, it terribly lacks one functionality: sync "Crop" among pictures.
    I usually take my shots using the highest resolution and all the frame, and I always crop my pictures to 16x9 ratio. When using competitors' products, I always start cropping one of my photographs and sync the crop to all the others. This is a very basic, "Must Have", feature that any software with this purpose should have. Guess what: Luminar 4 doesn't have it. Yes, I have to go on each of my 100s pictures and crop each one. Each one...
    Another annoyance is the slowness. The sync process is unbearably slow.
    I hoped I had explored the trial better. Although the Sky replacement is cool, I wouldn't pay for only this.

Robert Lancaster

Yep, I can totally understand when software does not have features originally when you pay for it and you hope that in the future, the software gets those features.  That is particularly understandable if the software costs less than the competitors

But I do not understand when the software has a great feature, and then they remove that feature, especially if that feature is critically important.

Marcello Macedo

That's quite interesting. I didn't know that the software HAD this feature.

I saw that Margaret Bright forwarded the message to the Skylum team 3 months ago. Hey, Skylum people: any plans to make the feature available again?
    I hope Skylum can revert it and the update will be a free download.

Anastasia Davis

Hi! That is correct, we have forwarded this request to the person in charge. Our team is considering it but at the moment there are some tasks with a higher priority.

Please sign in to leave a comment.