Comments

19 comments

Jacques Demers

Good question.

Comment actions Permalink
    Kate Williams

Hi Harry and Jacques,

At the moment, we do not have precise ETA for the next Aurora HDR 2019 update. 

Currently, we're focused on developing our main product - Luminar. Its updates are dropping more regularly now, and we have the next one in the pipeline - it's scheduled to drop quite soon, so our team is putting all their efforts into delivering the best product we can.

However, once we have any news regarding Aurora update, we will surely let you know. 

Chris Mockett

rubbish you have left us with a dead product

Mike Hardisty

Luminar 4 has just been announced. So next we will be hearing about Aurora HDR 2020 with promised new features and how you can pre-order at a very, very, very "special price", just for you.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Mike! Please note that we are not planning to release Aurora HDR 2020 yet. We will keep on supporting Aurora HDR 2019. Moreover, all upgrades are optional. You can always stick to your current version. 

Daniel Sarlette

Aurora HDR 2019 was definitly the last software I bought from Skylum as long as all the bugs (esp. in batch processing and the frequent crashes) are not fixed with a free update/upgrade. You may develop Luminar as much as you like - but you will never see me as a customer there with all the poor support you are showing for Aurora

Helena Carter

Hi Daniel,

Could you please kindly contact our Support Team regarding the issues you're facing with Aurora HDR 2019? We'll be happy to help you since your experience is a top priority for us. Please, note that we haven't abandoned Aurora HDR 2019 and we continue supporting it.

Daniel Sarlette

Hi Helena,

are you kidding ?

Whenever I talked to your support I got the answer "... we will talk to our development team…". This was months ago, Aurora 2019 was released in Oct 2018 and is still in version 1.0.0,

And I'm not the only one out there with these problems, see for example:

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4327294

For me Aurora is a dead fish in the water, and, please, don't expect that I will pay for version 2020 to get the promises you already made for V.2018. And I think there was also no update to V2018 after V2019 was released

Helena Carter

Daniel,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'll pass it to the person in charge.

Erwin Kargl

Like I mentioned already: Why maintain 2 big applications ... merge the HDR functionality with Luminar 4!!!

Erwin

Quin Marais

...getting away from Adobe and their scams - to a better world - but We need batch processing of HDR's - the repetitive open 3 images - click the same alignment and 0ev check boxes over and over - is time-intensive and boring.  Why can't the user just batch images in "3's" - select a folder - and have the same check boxes for OPEN locked in? or whatever their bracket habit is? It just pauses for the user to make adjustments and then saves out to your batch setting JPEG 85% etc and also if Luminer4 has face recognition to keep face/skin smooth on a subject in a bracket shot why can't AurHDR2020 also do this for a BATCH?

Quin Marais

and some attention to keyboard shortcut      ie ... do you want to save? add SHORTCUT "D" = don't save - please - thanks 2020

Anna V

Hi, 

Batch Processing works comparatively well in Aurora HDR 2019.

In order to compose the Bracket Groups, bracket detection algorithm reads the image's metadata and checks the following rules.

Rule 1

• Same file Extension
    • Same Exposure Program
    • Same Focal Length

Rule 2

• If the time difference between the shots is less than 4 seconds - it is a bracket

Rule 3

• If the image cannot be previewed and the time difference is less than 15 seconds - it is a bracket

Rule 4

• Edges comparing

In case one of the rules is false, the image will be recognized as a single.

You will be able to use Luminar 4 as a plugin to Aurora HDR once it is released. 

Regarding the Shortcuts, all the existing shortcuts for Aurora HDR 2019 can be found here: 

https://skylum.com/aurorahdr/tutorials/2019/keyboard-shortcuts 

Daniel Sarlette

" ...Batch Processing works comparatively well in Aurora HDR 2019..."

LOL - except for the strange halo's batch processing introduces!!

Anna V

Hi Daniel, 

Please contact us at http://www.skylum.com/support  and we'll check your brackets from our side. 

Quin Marais

Anna your keyboard shortcut link is broken? Please advise is there a shortcut to respond to save/ DONT SAVE - ie "D" key?  I don't want to save any HDR proprietory files - my main goal is to open batches of 3 exposure brackets and process them efficiently once before deleting the +2 and -2 EV raws . - I ALWAYS use Align + remove ghost to 0EV.

In Aurora HDR2018 - which i purchased - the software fails to remember your LAST chosen open setting for ALIGN and remove ghosting. so on every open it's click,click,click click to reset it to my last settings?  Why reset it? write a user setting to the prefs for me.   Did anybody at Skylum sit down and try to open 500 images consecutively?  

I watched a demo video of 2019 and that user had the same issues...  same open dialogue boxes.  And at the end of their comparison the 2 images from 2018 and 2019 looked the same.   The sales video to pay for the upgrade really failed to promote any "batch" nirvana - sorry.  

Quin Marais

Daniel - it's because their software does not Default to ALIGN+GHOST reduction in batch pppfftt.  So like me, you have to go thru all your images manually (with no "last user settings on open" - !

Anna - instead of blaming users for not upgrading or contact support - maybe take these valuable bits of real-world feedback to the project leader. thanks.

For 2020

1. I want ALIGN and GHOST for batching.

2. I want batches to pause after opening so i can do minor tweaking for each image (obviously - who doesn't want the best from each image)

3. then press continue to save as jpeg and close without asking me if i want an mpaur2 file.  i never want these.

thanks

Daniel Sarlette

Quin,

I totally agree with you, and yes, I know that it is "only" a problem with batch processing. If you do the processing group by group everything is OK.

One thing to add - when you say 2020 this may be OK - but I will definetly not pay again for these features, These are features which need to be corrected in a bugfix for 2019...

If Skylum tries to charge me for a usable batch processing they will loose me as customer ...

Bowman Gray

So, still nothing about the fix for this in Catalina... but hey, at least I constantly get emails asking me to buy other software packages! Just a thought, but a quick email to those of us who have already bought something giving us a clear update and an apology would be novel, It's called customer service - check it out!

Please sign in to leave a comment.