Comments

3 comments

Maryna Skylum

Hi Ben,

If you want to copy images from a memory card or an external drive, then use Import images (Mac-only) which moves or copies your images to a new location.

However, in case with an iphoto library it is better to import your images to your computer first, and then load them into Luminar 3.

Comment actions Permalink
    Denis Drury

My experience is with Apple Photos (surprised you are still using iPhoto), unfortunately Luminar will not detect images in your iPhoto library folder so the only way to use the library function of Luminar is to duplicate those images in another set of folders on your computer. You can test it out using just a few photos. For this reason and as I am not  interested in the library function I use it as a Photos extension for editing only (not sure if that works with the older iPhoto) I really like some of the features but it's oh so slow. Flex would be better for my purpose and is quicker but gives inaccurate colours when I view my photos on a panasonic TV. 

Steve Ratts

Ben, I second Denis's recommendation. The Luminar 3 library has some very serious flaws that are baked right into it. The only viable way to avoid those is to ignore the Luminar library and use some other tool. I use Lightroom, but certainly Apple Photos is another option. This will give you both the library features you need and the editing capabilities in Luminar. Someday, I hope, Skylum will live up to their promises and deliver on a real viable DAM. Right now, they're just blowing smoke and focusing on other things.

Please sign in to leave a comment.