Going to contradict all of the whining I've been doing. Your thoughts?

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

We truly appreciate your continued support, Jeremy!

Comment actions Permalink
    Geoffrey Hahn

I mostly agree with you, Jeremy, except that I see absolutely no point in "posting the most negative things you've seen", simply because that is always counter-productive.  I can remember the days when Adobe products didn't work worth a darn on the Windows platform, and there were severe disparities between the Apple version and the Windows version, but that was all before the Internet became the beast it is today.  And for less than $100, this product is a pretty darned decent image editor, and a mostly working (yes, WORKING) DAM.  Keep at it, Skylum.  I'll be waiting to see how L3 finishes up before considering L4, but that's only because L3 is working for me for the most part, and I have strong faith that the remaining issue that concerns me (and that I have reported to Support) will be resolved before they close the books on this version of the software.

Jeremy Dinn

I agree with you almost all the way on the negative posting Geoffrey! The only reason most of us are doing it is because the product was riddled with bugs, and is just now getting better. I'd say a huge part of that is people speaking their minds and frustrations. I hope that they fix Luminar 3 completely and make it feel super mainstream and fast. I'm going to buy Luminar 4 and look at it as an investment toward their R&D on improving their product. After all, I've spent the $69 plus 0.06% sales tax (Kentucky) and now if I spend $49, I still would have spent a huge deal more in the end with Lightroom. In my opinion Adobe is a super evil company who I just cannot support no matter how amazing their product may be. I guess we'll just see where this whole thing goes. I like what you've posted though I must say. 

Geoffrey Hahn

Why, thank you for liking my comments, Jeremy.  I have a kind of unique viewpoint on these issues in that I've worked support for many, many years.  Not for Skylum, of course, else I wouldn't be posting on these forums as an end user.  It's been my experience that more attention will be placed upon those issues where the person bringing the issue up is respectful and provides as much detail to the issue at hand as possible.  Also, complaining on a public forum generally gets you nowhere at all.  To get real traction to an issue, you must contact the support department directly.  There are many good reasons for this, which I won't bother going into here, but that is by far the best and oftentimes the only way to get any attention to the problem at hand.  Besides, when you want to vent, think about how you would feel if you were the one that vitriol is pointed towards.  Would you want to help somebody who throws a temper tantrum, or would you rather help somebody who is respectful, thoughtful, and presents the issue in a concise manner that can be reproduced?  I'm not talking you specifically here, I'm more speaking to the general "you" out there.  If you just want to vent, go to one of the private facebook forums like the Luminar and Sylum issues page.  It will do you almost as much good as venting here, except you won't get the obligatory "Please contact Skylum Support" message.

As to your most recent comments, I'd say that with each iteration, Luminar 3 has improved.  Was it ready to go last December?  For many, it actually was.  For a relatively small number of people (relative in the context they claim to have 500,000 customers), there have been very serious issues which the posters, for the most part, have shown extreme immaturity in venting and raging.  I mean, they give you a free trial to test out before purchase, and they offer a 60 day money back guarantee if you're not satisfied, so why on Earth wouldn't you take advantage of the free trial to see if the software works for you, and why wouldn't you demand the refund if it doesn't?  Life is far too short to spend complaining about something that you cannot control.  I'd rather be out taking photographic images than waste my time and raise my blood pressure in such pursuits.

Sorry, I'm rambling, but hopefully my point comes across.  I hope you can have as good of a day as you possibly can!

Jeremy Dinn

You as well man!

Please sign in to leave a comment.