Boost your editing superpowers with Luminar Flex 1.1 plugin update

Pinned

Comments

10 comments

Scott Masterton

Really good to see continuing upgrades. I really like Luminar and for the past couple of months now I've been using it more and more in workflow. 

That said, I hate software developers who think they know best as to how a user 'should' use the software they have paid for. I like to customise the software to suit my workflow... so please tell me there is a way to switch off the Filter opening by default!? I don't want this to be open by default, I want the user looks to open by default and I will choose a look and work from there. If I want another filter I will open and add it when appropriate.

Hoping you continue to work on this product while listening to users and allowing them to customise the software as there are so many photographers looking to jump ship from Adobe (a company that shows nothing but contempt for users - don't be like them)

Comment actions Permalink
    Leo Wilson

Is it still possible to save files (*.lmnr) with Flex?

Also, seconding what Scott says above - having the filter menu open by default is something that will really irritate me very quickly. If nothing else, it makes custom workspaces bordering on the redundant.

Richard Harrington

Hey Scott Masterton

There is no preference system in Flex yet (I'd like there to be).

So we had to pick the one that benefited the most people (seeing the filters).

Pressing Cmd/Ctrl L will open and close the panel

Helge Erik Storheim

Just like with Luminar for Windows, keyboard shortcuts does not work in Flex for windows.  CTRL+L doesn't do anything and I have already contacted support about keyboard shortcuts for UNDO/REDO and turning clipping warnings on/off and they have acknowledged the problem. I hope you fix these problems with one of the free updates because paying for an upgrade of Luminar is not an option at the moment. I really want to like Luminar but you make it really hard to do so!

Scott Masterton

Hi Richard Harrington, I can confirm that Ctrl L does not work in Lumiflex...  

Richard Harrington

It’s on the developers list to add. Try tab key for now

Leo Wilson

The tab key does something else entirely.

I've been using this release since it came out and I'd like to request that the option to turn off the Filters menu be added very, very soon - as in Hot Fix speed, not in the next formal release.

It's very annoying and not even logically thought out. I can just about see why someone would think it useful when you first open an image. They'd be wrong, but I can see why they'd think it.

However, when I've just made a crop or rotation adjustment it makes no sense for it to appear. When I come out of painting in a mask for another filter it makes no sense for it to appear. What makes the least sense though is it not appearing when I add a new blank adjustment layer. That it is marked by its absence at that point shows that this wasn't thought through or tested for UX with any robustness.

So please, can you make it not be a feature anymore, and do so quickly?

Alex Young

I've just started using Flex 1.1 for Windows as a plugin in Lightroom Classic and I'm very impressed! I process my raw files in Lightroom, then call up Flex when I want to use some extra filters - split screen, Accent AI 2.0, and microstructure for example. I've created and saved a collection of filters that I use most often which helps my workflow. I find that the default of all the filters being displayed annoying, but it can easily be removed with a single click, so not so bad in the big scheme of things.

Thanks to all at Skylum for this piece of software.

Best,

Alex

Kate Williams

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback. 

I've just forwarded your comments to our techs for further discussion. 

Leo Wilson

When I've just adjust the white balance!!!! Holy Cow! Who thought that was a good time to throw out the filters menu? This is insane.

Please sign in to leave a comment.