Free update for Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

19 comments

Terry Rogers

Hi Ewen! Luminar 3 will be supported with free updates, the next 3.1.3 is planned to be released later this summer. An upgrade to Luminar 4 is optional and the best way you can get it would be by contacting us via https://skylum.com/support 

Comment actions Permalink
    Juan José Ortiz Soler

Normal!, sigue pidiendo más dinero para Luminar 4 que ni se sabe qué será, pero con la experiencia de Luminar 3, uno se lo puede imaginar. Cualquier versión Beta de cualquier software funciona con muchísima más estabilidad que Luminar 3. Para mí, después de 7 meses de uso, me da la impresión de estar usando una versión Beta, pero en fase inicial. ¿Y piensan de verdad que vamos a comprar la versión 4 sabiendo y conociendo cómo funciona de mal la versión 3? 

Seguiré aquí visitando, porque espero que cambien de política, pero de momento ya me he suscrito a Adobe porque aquello que prometieron no lo están cumpliendo ni de lejos ¿sustituir a LR y PS? En serio!.

Kate Williams

Hi Juan,

Please note that it is absolutely up to you whether to upgrade to Luminar 4 or to use a current version.

We'll do our best to make Luminar 3 more stable, fully realizing that some of our artists would rather stick to the previous version in their workflow. So please stay tuned for further updates.

Rolf Hellmeier

I bought Lunminar 3 for a single purpose -  to work with the Canon EOS R CR3 Raw Files as an alternative to Lightroom.I've been waiting since February this year, since then there are only promises for  later updates.

Also 3.13 nothing again .......

And now, i have to pay for a new version 4 without being able to use the program for my EOS R system? 

This is naughty and disappointing. First of all, work on your promises before there is a new paid (beta)version.

I can not really recommend Luminar to my colleagues, so far it's not useable.

And please do not propose the conversion in DNG right now, the 10TB library just bloat unnecessarily.

Anna V

Hi Rolf, 

Let me try to clarify the situation:

The announcement of Luminar 4 doesn’t mean that we are going to abandon Luminar 3.

Please make sure to check the roadmap:

https://skylum.com/luminar/roadmap 

We will do our best to add cr3 support in the future but for now, we are more focused on making Luminar 3 stable and fast. 

Serif is a better company. Their products are at the same price but they're better written and the updates with new features, stability and performance are so far free.

Luminar 3 isn't even one year old... but it's still not properly usable and you announce Luminar 4?

It feel like It is just a excuse to milk money, it doesn't inspire confidence in your company. Don't act like Adobe.

Stick to one Luminar that you update quite well before even thinking about making a paying upgrade.

I still regret buying Luminar 3. I don't use it...

Helena Carter

Hi, I completely understand your frustration, however, like my colleague Anna has explained, we will continue supporting and updating Luminar 3 and we're improving its performance and usability with each update. You're not obliged to upgrade to Luminar 4 this way: you can stay with Luminar 3 and see how it will improve with the future updates.

I'm happy that you issue refund quite easily. That's a plus from you. Thanks!

Kirk Osborn

You are always welcome.

christian pinder

i ask for a refund and got told no now i no i have to pay for 4 im pissd off to say the later

Anastasia Davis

Hi Chistian! I have checked our email thread with you.
    Please note that you bought Luminar 2018 more than a year ago. You enjoyed our product (according to the emails you sent us). You got Luminar 3 free of charge. 
    Thus, your money-back-guarantee period was over a long time ago. 

christian pinder

Luminar 3 free of charge my ass i pade 50 qwid for it 

christian pinder

can put up a screen shot if need and at ferst it woz ok then up dates made it crash all the time

Angela Andrieux

Hi Christian,

Perhaps you purchased Luminar 3 using a different email address? A screenshot of your purchase confirmation would be very helpful. Please send it to www.skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to help resolve this issue.

.I'm an idiot! When the 90's began, I still remember installing a browser that provided color.. Oh Wow. Several years later I was knowledgeable on some operating systems and I could build my own computer. Along the way, I saw many software companies willingly take my money and then go out of business, or otherwise, couldn't evolve with the changing times and technology. But I've never been good with art.  I have several thousand pictures, many of them horses or family. I use Google Photos. I thought I might like to try something a little better.

So, I bought your product. I couldn't figure it out. I'm 67 years old. Its too much. I  have Google photos, I have several different albums within that app. When I installed yours, I was disappointed to learn that Luminar could not recognize my albums and import them.. Easy as 1 2 3, it should have been But it seemed' like Calculus. Why isnt this software recognizing the albums I have and importing them. I looked at your help, and you tube. I didn't know anything about guarantees or money back... **** it. I deleted it.But I have a break now. I thought Id give it another try... But right away I noticed v4 is out and more money is required.. Im not impressed.   Why arent these easier tasks being handled in such a way to make organizing EASY for a competent computer user. As I said, Im an idiot. You have my money and I have a poorly designed piece of software. Why isn't there an easy import system.... if it sees an album in Google Photos and me trying to create an album of the same name,, why not have some dialog boxes that pop u p and ask me what I want to do and then automate for me? I wanted a much improved v3, but instead I got the "Get out your wallet, we are working hard on 4, speech. 

Ill just be happy with Google Photos... Yours is just a slow box of frustration.

But thanks for trying!

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

We regret to hear about your experience. Please, reach us via www.skylum.com/support and we'll see what we can do for you.

KamilsViewTV Gmail

Asking people to contact your support without giving more info is just super lame! Don't do that. How would you like to be treated like that? 

This is your chance to address the issue in the open and give everyone some extra info and show how you deal with customers. Instead, you show us how lame you are. Don't respond to me here. Contact my support team instead at YouMustBeEffingJoking.com/WTF?

To the member just above who was critical of the Skylum team for referring me (the 67 year old idiot who posted just above you) to go to a support link without giving me any other relevant or useful information, I say thank you for expressing exactly what I felt when I went to that link.

Before I retired, I was a sales manager. Once a week, I would preside over a group of sales professionals. Typical stuff. Sometimes useful, sometimes not. When I finished at the pre-appointed time, the owner walked in. He was successful in every sense of the word. He spent less than 5 minutes with us. He said a few things and he closed with this; Ladies and Gentlemen, I want to remind you, we and our competitors are all doing the same thing. We sell and we provide customer service. That's all. Our job is to do a better job than they do. As you go out and work today, just remember that. Do your best to provide for our customers. Give them your best..

As to the Skylar Team, I got a link with no useful information when I went to that link. In other words, I got nothing! I regret purchasing your mediocre software and being forced to work with a mediocre team when I was dissatisfied...

RickB

Colin Grant

@member, what do you mean don't act like Adobe? 

Please sign in to leave a comment.